Fall Gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by cathog, Jul 22, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I have missed the last 2 gatherings at Tawakoni. I wish I hadn't but it couldn't be avoided. I was wondering what everyone thought of having a fall/winter gathering after the heat disappears some. I think a late fall or early winter gathering at Tawakoni would be great. There could be some mighty good blues caught then, and lots of good folks to meet and greet with. I think we should get started on this early like Arkansas does, so maybe we can have a big one. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    sounds good i know how to get there now lol so dont have to worry bout gettin lost lemme know when and what times

3. mjpotts

mjpotts New Member

State:
    Sulphur Springs Tx
    Sounds like a plan in the making.

4. texasaggie

texasaggie New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd be interested. I live in Commerce, which isn't far away. Never fished Tawakoni.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    set it up Gary, im in. been wanting to hit that lake ever since i met you.

6. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
  7. haligan225

haligan225 New Member

State:
    texas
    Sounds like a great idea.

8. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Not to be a downer,but... The last gathering was a bust. There was like 7 of us that showed. Big disappointment. IMHO,it's a big waste of time even trying it again. Nobody wants to commit. Everyone comes up with an excuse a couple days before. If you can't commit,why even speak about it?

9. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I want to go.
    Lets do this. If just 7 or 8 of us want to do this that is fine. I have the room on my boat for some folks. I would like to check out Twok cuz I have never been there.

10. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Mo that is why I am thinking we start early on this thing. Last gathering was started about a month before it happened. The Degray gathering in Arkansas was planned for 6 months or more. They had folks that committed to that one that didn't show up. I imagine it happens at all of the gatherings. I am not a big Wind Point park fan, I think if we do this it should happen at the Tawakoni State Park on the other side of the lake. Much nicer facility and cheaper prices to camp and such. Also if we got any out of state members to come they could fish off of the bank without having to get a fishing license. I just think the Texas people should be able to put together a gathering like they do in Arkansas and Tennesee and other places. Clay and I went to the gathering at Degray and we had a blast. Didnt get to fish any at all but didnt mind because we got to meet some really nice folks. If we only have 7 or 8 show up, so be it. The 7 or 8 that do will have a blast. I say we do this thing, if everyone from BOC Texas puts the word out it could be a really good deal. I will soon be putting together a sign up list and we can start putting this thing together.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  11. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Hey James, just wondering how you are liking your new guide gig. I hope you can come to this gathering, Tawakoni should blow your mind LOL.

12. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Well, I have the site set up and a few trips already booked, but I am still in Iraq. Hopefully I can have trips booked for every weekend of every month!!!!
    Right now it is looking to be a lot of work in my first few weeks back getting the boat ready for guiding. I have a bunch of stuff I need to install like seats, more rod holders, 50 gal shad tank, anchor winch, ect.
    And I still need to remove my rear casting deck and livewells. It will take a couple days to get all this done, and a week to "tweak" it just how I like it. But the boat will be my dream rig whenever I am done messing with it.
    Right now I have a HUGE K-top on it and 8 DM rod holders. I will be putting 6-8 more rod holders on plus a drifting bar.
    The only bad thing about the K-top I had put on is that it took away my upright rod storage. So I am looking for a way to put the rod holders around my shad tank.

13. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i agree with u Gary, i didnt get any fishin in at degray, and it rained, but still had a blast. as for turn out, im with GMC, even if there is a just a few show, thats cool. sometimes less is more. meaning this, sometimes an event can be to big. more logistics, more to go wrong. keeping it simple can sometimes work out best. dont get me wrong, i want to meet as many of you folks as i can, the more the merrier. just put it out there, you know that lake best. you pick a weekend that statiscally for you has been a prime time for bigg daddys. then set the date. there will be some that cant do it, but like you said before, with six months planning a body ought to be able to make arraigements. i been planning for pendalton since the day after degray and i will be there. you come up with a date and dad and i are there.kep us posted bro.

14. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    dang, 7 or 8 people getting together for a fishing outing would be a blast for me. i am excited that you have started this gary. count me in. the pendleton mini gathering that robert tallman started in arkansas last year was a blast and there were only 7 or 8 people there. this year it's grown into a big event. nothing fancy, just a bunch of friends getting together for a weekend of fishing. cant beat a deal like that.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  15. haligan225

haligan225 New Member

State:
    texas
    Im with yall, shoot 7 or 8 people would be just fine, the more the marrier but cant go wrong with just small group of guys/women that love to catfish getting together. Be heck of a time either way.

16. Wac M Trac M

Wac M Trac M New Member

State:
    Texas
    I would love to come...Fall is hunting season though so as long as we plan it before or after the rut..(Novemberish)

ofcoarse I dont even have a boat worthy on Twok so make your plans reguardless and I'll follow.

I agree though get togthers are cool even if only 8 people go. Then I will have met 8 new people..so all good.

17. haligan225

haligan225 New Member

State:
    texas
    Wac M Trac M you would be more than welcome on my boat. Now I cant guarantee you that we would find or catch any fish, I have never been there either, but have good time trying anyways.

18. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    you fellas should take a peek at the cats Cathog has in his albums. hell, look at his avatar. now das what im talkin bout, they got bigguns out there. and from what i can tell from Sat images and other maps. looks like a awesome fishery with holes, flats and plenty of structure. never been there myself but have heard alot about this lake. im planning on catching bigdaddys. big hook, big bait. 3/4 ton rod.

19. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    hey gary do they have tent camping at the tawak park.

20. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I would like to know about the tent camping as well.
    I would like to know what dates ya'll have in mind as well.