Fall fog!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Sep 21, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    as the temp.s start dropping outside at night, and the leaves are getting that fall look to them. fishing sometimes gets more difficult at night. the fog seems to get a little thicker this time of year. esp.for the boat angler that is out on the water during the late to early morning hours. it is very easy to get turned around and confused. esp. when loosing sight of the water in front of you, and its obstructions. alot appearing when river stage is the way it is now. LOW! try to plan your trip accordingly. i was out yesterday evening for some smallies, and was suprised to see things that i never knew were there. limbs, logs you name it!!! i thought i knew my stretch of river well!!! add the fog, another factor! i try to plan my night trips so i am able to go downstream rather than upstream after dark also. this helps a ton when dealing with shallow water. you can always float downstream in the fog to get back, tough to float up though. lol. lights won't help much in thick fog either, only disorient you more. so just take alittle more time when motoring, plan your night wisely,, and be careful during this time of the year...goodluck, rollo

2. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    wim new to fishingent out thursday night wow hit the pier at stillwell caught to fish im new to this an flat heads but have got big ones will have pictures hello to all good night and good luck

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jason - I hear you about the fog this time of year! I was out last Sunday night and the water temp. was 68* and the air temp. went down to 40* overnight, talk about dense fog :crazy:! I spent the night anchored up where I was cause I couldnt see 10 ft. in front of me! :eek:oooh:

4. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was on the Ohio last week. The fog one morning was thick in spots. We got some cool pictures if I can get them uploaded. I did stay close to the bank in case a 300' Barge jumped out of the soup.:crazy:
    By the way this is a good example of my wifes face:crazy: when a barge snuck up on us in the dark as we were headed in.
    Oh, and we only caught a few small channels and a carp.:sad2:

5. warmouth

warmouth New Member

State:
    cincy Ohio
    hand held gps is a great tool

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Some of the Pictures didn't come out, but here are a couple.

Attached Files:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats some nice pic.s jerry.. thanks for sharing. last night was a great night to be on the water. besides the moon being bright, it was warm and there wasn't any fog. just wish the fish would have cooperated alittle more.. rollo