Fall flowers

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by Cheryl, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Just wanted to post some of my flowers that are still blooming. The weather is beautiful here right now, in the 70's, perfect. That is all about to change and possibly frost or snow this weekend. YIPEE!!!!! With that change, some of these flowers will be gone until next year.

Take care.
    Cheryl

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    A few more of what's blooming now.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Took these today.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Last ones of the flowers.

5. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cheryl, those are all beautiful. The only thing I have blooming is a lantana bush, & my Silverado sage bush. It has finally cooled off here; we even got a light rain today, not much, but at least it settled the dust a little bit! Sure are good pictures. And Buddy & I have 2 of those goose decoys! He saw them in town & just had to have em. We've gotten alot of looks from people driving by. I just love em! I'd still like to swap some flower bulbs with you, but since I discovered termites in my flower bed, I think I should hold off until I can get rid of them. I'm gonna pull all the mulch out of this bed & try to treat it....wish me luck!

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Roxie,

Whenever you are ready to exchange, just let me know. Did you ever read your email, I sent you? I know you said it was a new one, so I was wondering, as I never got a reply. Would it be better to PM you?

Thanks for the reply.

I love lantanas, but they are annuals here and I am converting to all perinneals as my age and health are on the downhill swing. I still buy a few but very few annuals.

Will the termites harm your flowers? If you have mulch down, get rid of it, it attracts termites.

I love your new signature.

Take care.
    Cheryl

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cheryl, Yes I have mulch down, & as soon as I get time, I'm getting it all raked up & burned. (Guess I should've kept that ole armadillo!) And I'll let you know on the bulbs. Maybe as long as they're dried out good before you plant them, you won't have to worry about termites...or any other bugs! I did get one of your emails; I just haven't taken the time i should to reply to everything....haven't been on this site in days! I'll keep in touch.