Fall Flathead Fishing

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Fishmaster1203, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Water is cooling. How's your Flathead bite? We're catching lots of small to medium size ones. Still nothing really big.

2. Bait Bandit

Bait Bandit New Member

State:
    West Georg
    I sure couldn't tell you, I was going this past Sunday night and was ready I had about 30 fresh baits and the boat hooked up but the wind would not lay and I hate a boat moveing around when I am fishing on bottom, so me and the kids stayed home and watched the best move ever for the fiftyeleventh time Forest Gump. As for the bite I haven't seen a single boat at the ramp in 2 weeks but it is deer season.

3. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I haven't caught a flathead in a while now, all my catches (which haven't been a whole lot, but usually pretty good quality) have been bluecats. Maybe it's the areas I've been targeting? I've been fishing Steep Long Ledges that drop right into the river channel. I tell you what, lake fishing for me is kinda hard to figure out compared to river fishing. I should be wind drifting I know....have everything I need to tie my santee rigs, the first hand knowledge from fishing with The Roundhill, just haven't gotten around to it.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Good report BassMassey.