Fall Fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by allflats, Oct 12, 2009.

1. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I hear alot about the fALL fishing and how the fish are fattening up for winter.As of yet i am still not seeing any of this action.What about the rest of you here in ky?Early spring and summer was my best year so far:smile2: but since then nothing.:sad2:

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i haven't had a great day on the river yet, but katfish ken and i went up to dewy lake the other day and had a decent day trip. caught 2 and missed quite a few with short runs and nibbles. if that was an indicator then the bite should be coming in good here soon, if not already.

3. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    it picked up real good in jefferson county on the mcalpine pool i just got my first boat this year in april and it was good then but this weekend was best i've seen caught over 300# of fish 37# blue was big it will be getting better for you keep going you will get on them :wink:

4. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i would trade may,june,july,august,septeber. for october,nov,dec,jan,feb,march,april any day. those are the times to fish period. colder the better for the big bl;ues rest of the time to me is just playin until winter then its time to really fish:cool2:

5. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I am mainly a flattie person.Hoping to get a few big ones before they shutdown for winter.:big_smile:

6. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Been catching Bigger fish over the last couple of weeks around Owensboro,first time fall fishing,working out pretty well.I'll let you know.

Attached Files:

7. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice fish! I have done my best on the ky river.Next trip is going to be at carrolton.Its a 2 hr drive for me but i yhink it will be worth it.

8. BOTTOM

BOTTOM Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Havent been out much but the bite in the morning has been pretty good!

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    went fishing for a really short couple of hours yesterday, i hooked into a couple and missed a few more. im just getting used to circle hooks and the little tricks to them. however from the two that i fought before they got off, judging from their head shaking, they were flatties. but then again, how do you know when you don't land them, educated guess is all i have...