fall fishing at Ozark

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by ccat, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Has anyone been doing any good below the dam at Ozark? I have about had all the cats on Beaver, or should I say, I have about had all I want of trying to catch cats on Beaver. So I am about to start fishing the river again.
    How is the fall/winter fishing down there. Can I still bank fish below the dam and catch them like we did in the summer?
    thanks for any help anyone can provide.
    ccat

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Havent heard any reports below the dam....thay were working on the generators cleaning them out you can follow the flow report for dardnelle & ozark by dialing 229-2282 & listen to the message:wink:

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I just noticed the flow forcast for Ozark is 15,000-20,000 cps. Is that good for the catfishing down there? I fished it this summer anywhere between 35,000-55,000 cps. I am heading down there soon and just wanted to know.
    ccat

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  6. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    I think 12-25 is the best on river. It will depend which gates they have open and if you can get close to the current.

7. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    kenneth,
    Do you know if the shad are still there in the winter?

8. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Chris bring an extra piece of rope about 15ft to tie on the end of your cast net we throw off gar creek bridge & the bridge behind the bait store on the barge side..cant get them with out extra rope...stand on the bridge & let her fly!!!!:smile2:all the way to the bottom:wink: best to get there right before daylight:wink:

9. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Sam,
    Thanks for that advice. I will add some rope. Aren't you with Secret 7/teamcatfish? I got some Secret 7 about a month ago on Grand. I caught some fish on it over here on Beaver. It is great. I can't wait until the spring to use it alot.
    ccat

10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yes promo-team:smile2: Yes excellent bait!!! Grand is s good lake for blues...thats Teamcats home lake....Good luck chris:tounge_out:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sam is there any thing you can hang a net on.i won a 9 foot ergo and id hate to lose my net first time i used it.

12. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Johnnie i've never got hung at either bridge:tounge_out: so-far:wink: There easier to get off the hwy bridge but ya gotta be there way before sun rise too much traffic after sun-up:wink: