Fall Fishin

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by catman849, Sep 28, 2006.

1. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Ive been doin a lot of fishing this week in my usual spot but i cant get any bites! Caught one out of three visits. Ive been usin the same bait that i wore em out on two weeks ago. Does this have to do with the transition into fall? What baits can anyone suggest for a pond with some channels pushin the 15-20 mark? The bait that used to work was Strike King dyna-bite links, cut bream, and doughballs. Also I am new to the site and I cant seem to upload any photos everytime it tells me the photos aren't valid. Thanks in advance for any information you post to help me out. Good luck and keep catfishing alive!

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I perfer live baits for larger cats bluegill goldfish ETC luck to you bro:smile2:

3. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Welcome to the Boc, and depending on the area you are from, when the weather starts getting cooler there is a transition. As the water cools on the top it is heavier than the bottom so it circulates and for about two weeks it messes fishing up. The water will stink and wont be clear, ecspecially in ponds. This is called something, but I cant remember what.

4. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
  5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Welcome to B.O.C. I really like cut gills , or shrimp for my second choice . for stink bait I like Junnies brand.

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Ben,

:0a25: to the B.O.C. Buddy. :big_smile:

In the summertime, I use alot of stinkbaits ("Wicked Sticky" or "G & S" Brands) , cut Shad or Bluegills. But in the beginning of the fall I tend to lean more towards cut bait. I would try to trap some Minnows or small Bluegills from that same pond your fishing in. :wink:
    :0a26:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Ben... Hope you stick around this place is full of Knowlage...