Fall crappie fishing times?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by kevinw, Oct 26, 2007.

1. kevinw

kevinw New Member

State:
    Burkburnett Texas
    Which is best for fall crappie fishing, night or day? Night is difficult and very tiresome but does produce fish. Daytime would be much easier for me. During the spring daytime fishing is great but I havent produced nearly as many during the day.

2. ESipes_89

ESipes_89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Lately, the best time has been during the middle of the day. Be on the water by high noon (not time noon). Fish the stucture in the sunny areas if the water temps are below 70F and in the shade if above 70F. If the bass have started biting actively the crappie have stopped (I'm not sure why, mabye they're hiding from the bass?). I've been using brightly colored 2" curly tail grubs and small shallow diving crankbaits such as the Bomber "B" series.

Hope this helps,
    -Eric

3. kevinw

kevinw New Member

State:
    Burkburnett Texas
    It does.... Thanks

4. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have been getting my best bites in the afternoon.
    Bill

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yup afternoon is the ticket here. water 50* fish in the brush with jigs n twisters.

6. ESipes_89

ESipes_89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This is new to me but after the bass start biting try a popper near sundown. For some odd reason they've been hitting poppers more than the bass in late afternoon. :confused2:

-Eric

7. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Thanks guys, I've been wantin to go, try em myself, but I've never been good at findin em. Maybe I'll try the middle of the day.