Fall catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Sep 23, 2006.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering do catfish bite in the fall? I have never caught a catfish in the fall, It will be a first for me.

2. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't remember counts of fish in spring compared to fall. I think spring is better but fall fishing is good. Summer fishing is good but uncomforable. I think fall is the best, not necessary the best catching, but the most enjoyable for me.:smile2:

3. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    We had a good night last night catfishing! I can't tell a difference. This year will be my first time to try winter catfishing. I've been told that's the best time to catch the bigger fish!:smile2:

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Fall is by far the best time in my opinion. October-November is my favorite. Have caught almost all of my biggest fish in the Fall as well as biggest stringers of eating size fish.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    What baits, do u guys use during the fall and winter?

6. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I have 5 gallons of gizzard shad frozen for this winter! I will also try and get pond bream to use also. I've been told the big flatheads really turn it on during the winter months.:big_smile:

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Same thing as the rest of the year, but Shad and White Perch is best. White Perch catches the biggest ones for me for some reason.

8. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    yea buddy .fall at last good luck

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Great time to fish! As good as, if not better, than spring. Hit the shallows in the creeks. The fish are following the bait and like the cooler water.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks guys for the tip!

11. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    we catch big blues from november to january at santee,so i would say yes.

12. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Brother,Let's think about this:::::: A Catfish is a PREDITOR Hell yea they bite in the Fall,You dont see shark's going hungery cuz the water is cooling down.A fish has got to EAT,I love the fall it is nice and cool everything is turning and it just fills GOOOOOOOD!!!Catfish eat all year long so Hook-em-up Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Some of the best cats that I have caught have come in the fall and winter. Skips gut pockets and the skips heads work well during this time.

14. Blake Wright

Blake Wright New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good luck this fall!

15. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    The fall is good fishing. My best time is summer in the thermocline. In the fall they seem to be more spread out. Good luck.

16. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
  17. TonyJr

TonyJr New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Nice, how many did you catch?

18. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I caught just one.

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have caught some nice fish in the fall, but I never have found the big fall bite everyone talks about...I catch more in late spring.

20. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    CJ fall is by far the best time for large C. cats in Fl. Try bluegill heads hooked thur one eye and out the other fish it on bottom. If you fish at a dam try to target holes right where the water starts to smooth out. Or right below the overflow gates cast your bait right into the overflow. If you get hung up on the rocks just wait a few mins a lot of times a fish will pick up your bait. Good Luck Bro.