Fall catfishing has not been good in Ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Oct 12, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Is it the extreme low water levels here in Ohio? Other than a few good fish, most trips have been a bust...I fish the scioto and have never seen the water this low.

Even the hits on the big fish have not been agressive.

I cant help but think that more current would have these fish in a feeding mode.

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Its been pretty good down here on the Chattahoochee River. Surface temp is low 70's. Been catching lots of flats up to 24# but nothing real big yet. I have had a couple get away that felt pretty good.

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Spencer Lake is what I call my "home lake". It is a least 2 foot below normal right now. Been that way for quite some time.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i hear ya jack... the muskingum is rock bottom....it is soo low, i had to consider where i was gonna boat with the weight of another and gear for the night.... oh, yeah.. i have a jet also! the river is less than a foot in places for hundreds of yards!!!!!!rollo

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And with the low water levels they're going to cool down alot quicker.:sad2:

6. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ive been praying on a flash flood or two

10 inches of rain would pick those fish back up.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jack, I hope you get some good fish soon. I believe you are right about the water levels. Maybe you should give lakes a chance. The Ohio hilljack has been killing them channel cats!

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i been busy,not able to make it out.last time i was out,the water looked horrible.hopefully we will get some much needed rain soon.

9. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    I DON'T THINK THE WATER LEVEL HAS EFFECTED THE CHANNELS IN THE LAKES LIKE IT HAS IN THE RIVER. WE HAVE CAUGHT SO MANY MORE THAN WE USED TOO ITS AMAZING . THANKS TO EVERYONE ON HERE, BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE I'VE GLEANED MOST OF THE INFO ON CATCHING THEM. IT COULD ALSO BE THAT IF THE WATER LEVEL WAS NORMAL WE WOULD BE CATCHING MORE USING THE METHODS I USE NOW. I THINK I'M TRYING TO BE SMARTER THAN I ACTUALLY AM.

10. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with bad catfishing in ohio this fall, hopefully it will end on a good note

11. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    indeed the water levels are low,but the fish are still there, its kind of a good thing,if we were to catch them bigguns every time out it would'nt be fun no more, and we probably would'nt have this great site to complain about our slumps....