FALL CATFISH

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by coler0kw, Sep 9, 2009.

1. coler0kw

coler0kw New Member

State:
    ky
    FOR 36 YRS. I HAVE SPENT MY FALL OUTINGS IN THE TREES BOWHUNTING WHITETAIL. THIS YEAR I AM GOING TO TRY TO DO LESS BOWHUNTING AND MORE FISHING. THE PROBLEM IS I HAVE NEVER CATFISHED IN THE FALL AND DONT KNOW WHEN TO EXPECT THEM TO MOVE BACK INTO THE SHALLOWS, CREEK ARMS AND TRIBUTARIES OF THE LAKE, ETC. I FISH MOST OF THE TIME IN BARREN RIVER LAKE, A FLOOD CONTROL LAKE WHICH WILL SOON BE GOING TO THE WINTER DRAW DOWN. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

2. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'd like some info on Fall catfishing too. I live in Lincoln county, a few minutes from Cedar Creek. Mostly known as a bass lake, there are some good cats there to. Any info, patterns, etc would be great.

3. Ky_Katter91

Ky_Katter91 New Member

State:
    Northern Ky
    Hey guys; as far as my experience goes; right now the cats are feeding heavily to stock up for the winter. This is usually when the big flats especially are hitting larger prey.

4. catman_mark

catman_mark New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey safari the cats are starting to bite a little better at the dam in cedar creek. I done ok a few days ago. Im not getting any large ones yet there all around 16 inches.

5. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Don't know about barren but on lake barkley they have already started moving towards the back of the bays.Caught 13 last Saturday , I was wanting to fish the mouth of the tributaries but the wind had us move back.Good thing I guess as we caught a mixture of channels and blues ranging from 2-6 pounds.All came from 4-10 foot of water but all were close to the channel.Good luck

6. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I can only talk about channels, we don't have any blues close to me, and I
    don'tfish for flats very often. Here in kansas they are deeper than two weeks ago, two weeks a go our water temp was 70/68, last Sunday itwas 62/64, I caught fish in 18 to 24 foot water ,a couple of weeks ago they were in 8/12. I'm fishing in the mouths of coves under the shad schools
    using secrect 7 and cut shad. the fish were aggressive and slamed my baites no nibblers but they are feeding up for winter, it will be in the 50's with lows in the 30's this weekend here, and guess I will start looking in the deeper water for then

7. boyd79

boyd79 New Member

State:
    illinois
    anyone c big catfish connection? says when the water temp. hits mid 50s they start too feed. with r temps droppin next week hopefully they,ll turn on.

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I would look for them in the same areas the I found them in the spring. They should be feeding up right now. Hope this helps.