Fall Bite

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Redtick, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    The Fall bite is on. I caught this bunch Sunday morning. The 2 big ones went back in, the rest looked good in hot grease.

Attached Files:

2. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    nice mess of fish

3. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    My partner, my son and I caught 13 BLUE CATS and 1 FLATHEAD yesterday at Baldwin Lake. A 16 lb, 14 lb, (2) 10 lb'ers, (4) 8 lb'ers the rest were between 3 - 5 lbs. The Flatty weighed in at 11 lbs. All were caught while drifting with cut Bluegill. Not too bad, eh! :D

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    me and my neighbor took our boats out saturday. i only caught two at about 13" or so. tossed em back and came home at 10,pm. i used shad. they brought back an 11 and 9 #er and said all they had was worms. :confused:
    guess ill have to try something other than shad next time. :glare:

5. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I havn/t been to balwin in a few years. Whats the hp limit up there?Any one in here fish the mississippi by st louis?

6. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Baldwin has a 50 HP limit.

7. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I caught this nice 11 pounder today.

8. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I'm going back to Baldwin Lake sunday to try my luck again. Sure would like to duplicate last weeks results. :cross:

9. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    Hey, Jeremy. Me and a buddy are heading down to Clinton on the 7th and 8th, are you going to be around?

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    of oct. sure. i can do that. nice to see ya back earnest.

11. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Let me try the picture thing again. I have a new computer, so I may not get it to work.The first picture is of the 11 pounder that didn't come up in the other message. The second picture should be of a 6 pound channel and a 2 pound flathead I caught Friday morning.

Attached Files:

12. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Dog gone it, I got the wrong picture for the 11 pounder. I will look it up and try it again later on. The new computer's filing system is much different than the old one's was. :cursing: Sorry.

13. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Here is a picture of one I caught Tuesday.

14. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I am having trouble getting the pictures posted. Let's see if the picture of the 10 pounder will post on this message.

Attached Files:

15. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Went back to Baldwin Lake today. Caught 7 fish in the first two drifts between 9:30 am and 12:15 pm, then the wind changed directions and it was all over. SIX drifts without a fish. We caught 3 FLATHEADS and 4 BLUES. The Flatheads were 9 lbs. 15 lbs. and 40 lbs. The Blues were 3 lbs. 8 lbs. 11 lbs. and 18 lbs. All were caught on cut BLUEGILL.

16. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Here is a 5 pounder I caught this morning. Not huge but he put up a good fight. I also caught several 2-3 pounders.

Attached Files:

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well ill be testing the fall bite this weekend. doing some camping and fishing at the lake.

18. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    It has been too cold for me to fish the last few days. I never have had much luck after a cold front moving through. It is supposed to warm up Monday.
    I have been having some great hunts with my beagles and squirrel dogs.

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    Ya It Was Cold. We Bundled Up And Hit The Water. The Temp At The Discharge Was 91 Degrees. We Caught Just A Few. 5 For The Weekend. Enough To Say We Had Fun. They Were Pretty Slow But I Brought Some From The Reezer So We Still Had Fish Frys. :d

20. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I haven't been able to catfish much this week, just a little crappie fishin'. The doctor is going to do a colonoscopy today and I haven't been able to eat the last couple of days, feeling kind of weak, so I haven't got too far from home. You guys over 50 know what a pain one of those are and where it is painful the most. :crying: Hopefully, I will be back to fishing as normal by the weekend. :cool: