Fall Bite Starting On The Lakes?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    With the Wabash low and flow pretty much non existant, we have been forced to lake fishing, which hasnt been that great. We have been fishing Turtle Creek Res pretty often with very little luck, untill this past weekend. Looks like the flathead bite is starting to pick up again. The wife and I got into some last night right around sunset. Fishing snaggy wooded coves down in the dam area. They wouldnt take live gills, so I cut a couple and hooked up some heads and it was on. We didnt boat anything of size, but we did boat flatheads. Total of 5 for the night, didnt bother with weights since they were on the small side.

Attached Files:

2. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Some nice looking fish. I hope to land some soon too, atleast before deer season starts.

Nathan

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    thanks for the report barry. glad your catching something!

4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats barry on fishing trip

5. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Our lakes around here are "lower" than the river!:eek:oooh: No rain,in the forcast either. You can still run the "Bash" thought. Ron

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Barry thanks for sharing the lake report and pics. Looking good. Proud to hear fishing is starting to pick up.

7. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    congrats barry i havent heard of anyone catchin much on cataract lake this week.:wink:

8. randomfire

randomfire New Member

State:
    indiana
    i know when i was down there i caught one crappie in two days :angry: it was a slow weekend to say the least

9. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i really need to stop workin so much and just go fishin, i get off saturay morning and go back sunday night it sucks, plus the lady naggin about the whole "time with me" speach doesnt really make it easy to go out on my one day off