Fall bass action and a surprise

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by south_va_fisherman, Nov 5, 2009.

1. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    Got off at 11 today and loaded up the jon boat, and headed down to the lake. Its a little lake, maybe 200 acres, and i heard the crappie were hot down there. i fished all over that lake, every kind of structure, every depth. After about 2 hours and no crappie i tied on a medium running crankbait. second cast i hooked into that big guy below. 5 more followed all running about 2 pounds. caught those six then went another hour without a hit. So i started to get bored and went back to the shore to load the boat into the truck. after loading up i decided to fishing off the ramp for a bit. First cast i got a huge hit but couldnt hook up, a few casts later i layed into something big and started reeling. once i got it closer i noticed it wasnt a bass, but a pike. i didnt even know we had those around here. not knowing anything about them i went to lip it like a bass......&#$%!! you know what im talking about if you have tried. well anyways after getting a few band aids i caught a second one :big_smile: all in all if was a pretty good day....i just attached that last picture because i thought it looked cool

Attached Files:

2. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    nice you learn some things when you stick your hand in fishes mouths. I had the flathead in my avatar slice the crap out of my thumb so bad I had to glue it together when I got home. Probably should go get gloves... oh well

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice fish.

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    those toothy critters are a different world compared to a catfish....even with a pair of gloves they will get ya... you have to hold them by the gill plate... i am an avid muskie fisherman as well as cat fisherman and a pair of those fish grippers. they are nice for all species of fish. anyway congrats on the good day of fishing...

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Like the pike pictures but the last one tells a story of where ya were at. What a beautiful place!

6. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Unfortunately my son learned that lesson with his first walleye. You will definitely remember the next time. :wink: BTW some nice fish there. Congratulations.

Ray

7. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    nice bass brother, that other fish is called a chain pickeral. it is in the muskielunge family. hard fighters, good sportfish.

8. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing!

9. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    sounds like fun congrats out there!

10. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    nice fish.