Fall Bash

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by kenlaw76, Sep 13, 2008.

1. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    So is anyone going to fish in the Fall bash. Sign-ups have started

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    yeah I'm in... did you go for it too?

suprised more PAers didn't go for it. not a long time to catch, thats true, but october is one of the better months isn't it???

perhaps you guyz are all aiming for horns- keep in mind there's not much muscle work to pulling a trigger... these dayz catfishing seems funner (and as difficult as my season has been, the last few hunting seasons have even been worse)...

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The Fall Bash is cool, but I'm more into taking down Ohio.

4. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Well, fall fishoff has started and I wish ken and catfishchaser best of luck representing our great state.

I think our enthusiasm has impressed many people throughout the board whom don't think of Catfish when they think of Pennsylvania!

Also, wanted to note that kansas and oklahoma might be doing state to state invitational catfish contest. I think it was a good idea and our good game/team spirit has made its mark upon the BOC.

thanks guys, your the best.:0a31:

5. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Good luck guys. I am on team 4 as of now, but I think our name might be rippin lipps:cool2:. I can't wait. I am going to fish the Potomic for Blues this winter. I would love to hook up with a monster Blue.

6. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Good Luck to you guys to. I hope we all end up catching our new PB in the bash

7. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Yeah man. I hear that! It will be very hard to get my PB Flat, but I am going to take a couple shots at some Blues.

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    You mean theres something to do in the fall other then hunting?

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Good luck fellas and represent PA well!

10. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Hunt by day, Fish by night. I am hoping to get my deer early this year so I can fish more

11. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    I didnt know where i should post this but this is the only place i could think of for now. I was just wondering where a good place to shore fish at or how to scout out a possible good place to land some biggins. Considering not being on a boat and or having any way of knowing where any of the deeper holes are .I figured maybe the guys boating could hint me some tips. Should i just stick with trying to cast out as far as i can towards bridge piers or what? Cause i couple places i go i can get in pretty close range of the piers. I just have been getting some bad snags latly in a few of the spots i always fish and the just dont seem to be there. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Keep them fish coming guys the hi-yinz got a couple on us.

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    we need to get our baits and hit the water hard folks as ohio has passed us up in channel cats and are closing in on flatheads. we can do this guys. i know it is cold and the water is low but there are point fish to be caught yet. keep flingin baits and the fish will come.

13. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Looks like its time to get a barrel full of bait now. lol Them ohio boys just seem to get a good roll of the dice and pull away a little. So lets get some bait and see them tight lines.

14. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    this is how i scout for new spots http://maps.live.com/ click on PA on the map and keep making it bigger then i use the "birds eye" view feature and scout along the river ta what ever looks good

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i use that to lenny. i really like it to look for spots. very clear picture with a lot of detail.

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    its a great way to scout new spots without the walk:wink:, very clear and u can rotate to see different angles, great way to find structure like bridges or tressles, where creeks come in and hard bends which could be deep washouts, plus u can sort of get an idea of the depth by the water color or ripples from shallow rocks, i use it all the time:wink:

17. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    you might have to give me some lessons on that windows live maps Lenny but I did learn how to get driving directions out of it

18. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    I had tried to use it but it kept locking my computer up.:sad2: