Fall Bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Ohio_River_Rat, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    I have a tounament Sunday in the Charlestown area (North of Louisville) and was wondering what would be a good bait to use this time of year. And if its live where to get it.
    Zac

2. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    this time of year i prefer cut bait.try any kind of bait fish that is native to the waters you will be fishing. what lake will you be fishing or are you fishing the ohio?

3. Ohio_River_Rat

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    Its a three acre private lake. Not a big tounament but the biggest in the lake is 44lb flathead and the winner last time was a 22lb flathead that was in the last Leader newspapper

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    fresh cut gills broth. if its private you can toss out a bunch of cutup bits for chum too. let us know how it went.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you can net you some shad I would give them a try, they work very well in cold water.

6. Ohio_River_Rat

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    actually the tounament was last october and i placed first. The weather was terrible. It was rainy and cold. Only only 10 cats were caught and 3 were mine. i broght a bunch of baits and had live blue gill on one, cut bait(shad and bluegill) on another, and a big chunk of bacon. I caught a 9.008lber on bacon, then after 4 hrs of no hits i switched to chicken liver and sprayed WD-40 and caught a 3lber, and then caught 2# the same way.
    thanks alot