Fall and Winter fishing!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Blake Waterworth, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was just wondering what techniques you guys like to use in fall and winter to catch big blues on the rivers! Summer is almost over and I have not fished enough so , this will be the first time I have fished this late in the year,usually I am hunting but I am still really pumped about fishing!:big_smile:

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    All I can tell you don't be scared to fish shallow:0a19::0a19::0a19:.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    As the water begins to cool the fish are going to become very active. You will also need to be active to catch them. They will be moving, but as long as you are also moving you will catch plenty. Once the water gets in the 55-50 degree range, that is when they will begin to consolidate in the deepest holes!! The fish are far less active, but there are more in one place. This is the best time to catch really big blues!

4. flat fighter

flat fighter New Member

State:
    kansas
    I agree i catch a vast majority of my big cats during the winter. I look for deep holes close to warm water like a powerplant out flow. find that and it is a sure bet. Just remember to be extra safe as the water temps drop. it doesn't take much to get hypothermic if ya get wet.