FALCON AND AMISTAD LAKES

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catter5000, May 27, 2008.

1. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Does anyone live near or fish either of these lakes? I would like to try both.

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    ALLEN,

IT'S BEEN FIVE YEARS SENCE I LIVED IN TEXAS, THERES TWO THING'S TO LOOK OUT FOR (1) THE WIND ,THESE LAKES ARE HELL WHEN THE WIND GETS UP (2) THE MEXICAN'S WILL TAKE YOUR BOAT IF YOU VERY INTO THERE WATER'S , THE MARKERS ARE NOT IN THE CENTER EITHER AND I'M SURE WITH THE UNEASY BORDER IT HAS GOTTEN BAD, JUST BE CAREFUL HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK

3. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I have fished both lakes a couple of times. Amistad from a boat out of rough canyon and Falcon from the bank. Both are GREAT bass lakes. I caught some cats on lines at Amistad and some from the bank at Falcon. Call Robert at Roberts bait shop in Zapata, he is a helpful guy. I have a friend that has a cabin and boat at Amistad and he loads up on eater size cats on rod and reel. I think either would be good fishing once you learn the lake. The warning to watch the wind was a good one. Amistad can be very rough.

Jim

4. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Also, if you want to fish the Mexican side, everyone in the boat needs a Mexico fishing license.