Faithful Partner

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by gotta go, Sep 23, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I look back at my many fishing partners over the yrs. I guess all were good in some strange way or another. Some expected me to pick them up, others didn't. Some drink, others didn't (i no longer alow it on my boat these days) To some it didn't matter how long we stayed and to others they had to get home at a certain time. Some would argue, others wouldn't. Some tried to out fish you and others wanted to take turns. All kind of people that shared the love of catfishn. I guess what sparked this thread is the guy that went by to pick up someone that wasn't ready :angry:
    I have a partner now, for the past 7yrs, that is probley the best i have fished with. He is never late, don't ever complain, if i want to catch all the fish that is ok. He has been accross Santee in the fog and never complained, even though we had to ride the 15+miles at 2mph. He has been with me in the rain, cold heat and probably snow. Not a harsh word. Only time he really says anything is when a boat gets to close or a reel starts screaming. Here is to my friend and faithfull partner. Thanks Moto! Picture of Moto after a tuff fishn trip " Moto ready for bed" His eyes tell the tell. Moto has seen a lot of fish in his 7yrs and like a lot of other fishermen, only the big one's will get his attention. He will sleep through the rest:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Dean with a fishn partner like that you can never go wrong ,even if you leave him home ,he will be glad to see you when you git back :wink:

3. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I would have to agree with you dean, that could be the perfect fishing partner except when they have to go to the bathroom:smile2:

4. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    oooooooo I got real goosebumps over your post. That is a great trubute to your faithful friend!:big_smile:

5. BigRoo

BigRoo New Member

State:
    Poca,West Virginia
    Great partner to fish with. I have two Minature Schanauzers but they don't fish. As far as the bathroom goes just take them to the river bank they will let you know when. :big_smile:

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    looks like mine but in brown:big_smile:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    For sure, GREAT partners... until the "sharin' expenses" deal pops up! :wink::smile2::big_smile:

Bill in SC

8. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Dean,thats a great partner for sure.I had one like that but he's now gone to doggy heaven.Your post just got me to look for some photos of Meeme(His name was to be weenie but when my daughter would try to say weenie it would come out as meeme)so he was named that,not too masculine of a name for a boy dog though.Heres a few pics I wanted to share,there fuzzy because I took a digital pic of old 35mm.1st picture he is telling me to go left,he seen some stripers breaking the surface.2nd pic is after we caught two limits from the school he spotted:smile2:.Also,old Meeme liked to hunt as well as fish!He's gone but definitely not forgotten.I have 4 now but probally wont ever get another one like he was. sam

Attached Files:

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey man that was very beautiful. thank you for taking the time to write that. it really made me relax and feel at ease. once again thank you. :big_smile:

10. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is a picture of my fishing Buddie after a hard day of fishing. He seems to think that he has to lick every fish I pull in the boat. :)

IMG_4388.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Bill, I know dogs like beenie wennies so sharing is in!!:smile2:
    I have a great partner also! He licks the bait and the fish!:eek:oooh: I've heard things come out of his mouth when a reel goes to screaming that are wierd, jumbled up, garbbled and down right scary!!:crazy: He shares expenses and is polite to everyone.:cool2: I think everyone should have one like mine!!:wink: Enjoy the pic!!!:smile2:

Great post Dean!! I enjoyed reading all the post.

Attached Files:

12. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Now I am gonna have nightmares:smile2:How did such a nice thread turn into something so horrific:crazy::tounge_out:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Here's mine.

BB

Attached Files:

14. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey sunbird that dog looks like it might have the mange:smile2::smile2: better take him to the vet:wink:

15. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    That is a great post! I wish i could find me a fishing partner like Moto.

16. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    LOL wake up bill :big_smile:

17. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Great post, thanks ; )

Here is my partner. He has been out with me now for 8 years. He has never tried to go in the water while I'm fishin, never lifted his leg on my rod holders and he never eaten any of my bait, LOL.

He has been a great companion and true protector.....he is my best buddy : )

Pics of Jimmy's "Jonny"

18. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Great partner you have there Dean. We have 9 of those but they don't like to fish.

19. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well I was having what we would call a bad furbaby day because a gail convicted of huge animal cruelty yes again disappeared from Arkansas. Really what to see her get all the jail time she deserves! :wink:
    So I remember this post. I clicked on it and say that several folks had posted since then. You all really made my day that is for sure. Needed a brighter spot and seeing all your critters and reading about your fishing partners really did help me keep my faith in the human world:big_smile:
    Below is Mcfarland's Fancy Lady We call her Fancy for short. She doesn't care for fishing kind of never got out of the pit bull attack the fish thing! LOL But she is one of mine that keeps me company and never fails to help me in the kitchen.

Attached Files:

20. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Quote by Wesley: That is a great post! I wish i could find me a fishing partner like Moto.

Moto is a good dog not like Sunbirds and Bills. mine won't eat the blame fish i catch, not till they are cooked anyway :smile2: As far as Jimmy Jonny's partner....he ain't got to worry about someone trying to rob him:wink:
    My son named Moto, he use to race motorcross and each race is called a moto. Well that is were it came from. When i got more time i'll tell you were my other dog Spo's name came in at. They both fish with me most of the time. I know they can't foot there part of the bill, but the pease is worth it.:big_smile:
    Puppypal, you got to take that dog fishn, that is the only cure:big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009