Fair tax or IRS

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Creteus, Feb 5, 2007.

Fair Tax or IRS

1. IRS

2. Fair Tax

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I owe a fortune this year and would love a flat tax rate on purchases. Sure would like not to have to spend all this time worrying about how to come up with the money. Fair Tax for me.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I didn't vote because I haven't a clue what fair tax is. They will get your money one way or the other.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Thats a flat tax. Fair tax is little different.:lol:

For this reason I dont miss self employment one bit. I rolled a bunch of money. In my pocket out of my pocket. Between taxes and the insurance man I can make more with less effort working for tha' man.

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Excuse me. I got confused in my thoughts. I had a conversation the other day about this.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I voted for fair tax because I'm all for raising taxes if it meant that all Americans would have health coverage. I think it's a shame that we can spend billions on wars and pay CEO's billions of dollars, yet the working people that make this country great can't afford to keep their families healthy. Something is terribly wrong with our system.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Im not exactly sure what a 'fair' tax is but it would surely be better than being put in a higher tax bracet when you make more overtime that sux .work your a$$ off then giveit all to the IRS

8. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't vote for either. I have two choices that I would vote for:
    1: Flat tax. Everyone in the nation is taxed at 15 or 20%

2: I won't even discuss my other choice here. It would have to go into High Intensity as it would really rile up some tempers.

9. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    fair tax. the cost of health care is out of range because of law suits. the government was never meant to provide any more for you than a safe country. the free market system is to provide the other things.

10. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio

I wish more people would look into this. I think it would be a great idea. I have been writing my elected officials on this for several years now. Everyone would then be taxed on what they spend and not on what they earn. I see it as a win,win situation. Tax money from the drug dealers, underthetable workers, illegal aliens, foreign visitors. And best of all no headaches at the end of the year! I'm all for it!

11. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is true. It may not be ideal, but it would be better than our current system.

12. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I didn't vote. Not sure. But I am amazed that the tax code is larger than a good size library for home. Seems like they could get it down to the size of a good set of encyclepedias.......and the average person should be able to do their own taxes with a pencil and a calculator. Makes you wonder if the IRS has more power than the congress and the senate.....

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It would be interesting to see what the statistical difference between taxpayers would be. 1st, we are looking at a 23-28% sales tax on everything, plus state taxes. There is supposed to be a certain amount, up to the poverty level I believe that is exempt. Ok, that helps the poor. The wealthy do not spend the majority of their income, they invest. Will there be taxes on interest income? Will there be a tax on a house purchase? OK so you spend $37,500.00 more for a $150,000.00 house. Will that cause an increase in rents? How about vehicles? For a $40,000.00 car it is now $50,000.00 It is different, I am not altogether sure that it is good, but the degree you need to figure out the current tax code is ridiculous. Does America really care about its citizens? Do we fight wars to protect our people? Do we spend billions on defense systems to protect the people? If so, why don't we protect the homeless? Why do we allow sickness to prey upon our poor and elderly? Is it survival of the fittest? How much does your country care for you? I guarantee it's not as much as you care for your country. We can spend billions to rid Iraq of a tyrannical leader, to introduce democracy to a foreign country, while there are homeless people in every state, where there are people that cannot afford their medications, where we allow insurance companies to wiggle out of paying claims in times of National disaster, where elected officials spend millions to get a $250,000.00 a year job, while middle class small business owners cannot afford to pay for health insurance for it's employees because WalMart sells for less than they can buy? There are some serious changes that need to go on in this country.

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i prefer the fair tax, but a flat tax would be just fine too.......anything but the irs:angry:

15. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I didn't vote someone is gonna have ta define FAIR....that word will never exist in our TAX system......

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I prefer the Fair tax. I think it would be more fair, for all would have to pay a tax except the poor. The more you spend, the more tax you pay.. sounds fair to me. Even the drug dealers would have to pay their share.

I'd hate to lose Tax Free investing but what the heck... all investments would be tax free then! :big_smile:

From what I've read a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children with income of $105,600 would pay 17.3%. Or with income of $52,300 would pay 11.5%.

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Iagree with you 100% Billie with that money we all could have heath care And that would be a good start on a decent mass transportin system we should be more concerned on what the taxes are spent on than how they are raised for any way they raise it would not be fair

18. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i think the fair tax system would be wonderful! I doubt it will ever come about with democrats contolling congress though.

ive always believed a flat tax would be the way to go, but the fair tax would be better because it does away with the irs!

19. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Didn't happen with the repubs controlling Congress and the White House.

Vote Libertarian.

20. bigun12

bigun12 New Member

State:
    Texas
    There are FAR more benefits to the FairTax proposal than that chief amoung them being the fact that the current income tax system requires the modern equalivalent to the Spanish Inquisition for it's administration and with the National Retail Sales Tax, (The FairTax) the federal government would no longer need to know even so much as anyone's name for the purpose of collecting revenue.

Seems like a no brainer to me! Fairtax ALL the way!

We will never again be a truly FREE people so long as we have an income tax and the IRS!!