Fair results

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Aug 16, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just got home from our county fair. As some of you know ,My daughter raises old english game bantams for show, We lost most of our flock this spring due to a tornado. With a little grooming and a bunch of luck ........here are the results of todays show.
    Trio#1,3rd place
    Trio#2,second place,reserve grand champion.
    single old cock,first, grand champ
    Single hen ,second

Yep I'm crowin and she's kinda proud too.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    way to go 3.keep that girl showing fowl its a fun wa to spend a weekend with yiur kids.tell her old man mckee said congratulation.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Richard give your daughter my congratulations, that's quite a accomplishment considering what y'all been through!!

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Oh, you got crowin rights. Congrats.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Richard, congrats to your daughter. We live in a very agricultural county. My wife said the numbers of feathers was down this year. (I don't go to fairs anymore) Kids don't want to participate anymore. Glad she does enjoy it. We had a flock of mixed breed banties for 15 years. Got rid of them all this spring. I miss them. They are so broody that they will hatch alligator eggs if you want to.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Richard, now that's really something... tell her this ugly old man sends his congratulations for a job well done!

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Richard, Tell your daughter congratulations from the BOC gang:cool2:.

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Wow Richard! Tell her congratulations for me too. That's pretty darn awesome, it looks like she really put it to 'em at the fair. You guys nearly ran the table on them.

Most folks don't realize how much work goes into showing any type of animal. It's good, wholesome, hard work & it can be very rewarding when they do well. When I was in school I always showed hogs. I wanted to show steers, but we just didn't have the money back then. I made the premium sale at county every year, except my senior year. We're lucky that we have a county that is very ag-oriented & our premium sale is enormou$. Most years they will average over $2K per animal at the premium sale.

Now my dad and I raise some show calves to sell. One of the steers out of my daughter's cow won Houston a couple of years ago. That was a monster accomplishment for us. We sold that cow immediately & started my daughter a pretty decent portfolio to help pay for her college. She's one of the wealthiest 7 year olds I know of.:wink: Little rascal sure has more money than her old man does.

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Richard, I am so proud for you and her both.