Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the wife went down to fagen lake for the weekend to camp and fish. nice little get away. weather was cool and windy, and the lake appeared to be dropping. I didnt realize they must have just had a big storm there recently. Fishing was poor. We didnt catch anything for 9 inches. We did catch some cats, crappie, and wipers.

Camping was good. Saturday the sunny and nice, save the wind. There were 6-8 groups of people there, and all were well behaved, and then about sundown, they all but one group left. Made for a quite weekend, which is what we were looking for. Did have some mini bears come through saturday night and wake us up though. We had sweet corn for dinner, and they came and took our cobs out of the boat during the night. all in all a good trip. we left right before the rain this morning.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a beautiful lilttle lake.

but its a great place to just enjoy the scenery.
So true. My wife is from missouri, and it reminds her of where she grew up. I get to drive through the flint hills to get there, so thats a plus for me. It can have some awesome fishing when the water is not falling. We try to get down there every year. Even the pit toilets were clean, and the boat ramp light was working, just a great little lake

On the plus side, gas was only $2.66 in yates center, way cheaper than the $2.85 here

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Woodson is a great little lake, I haven't made it that far this year but I try to go there a couple of thmes a year, it has great potential to produce a big fish , they are in there

·
Registered
241 Posts
If anyone ever wants to have a mini gathering, Woodson or "Fagen" as it is often called is right in my neck of the woods, I would be glad to show some people around and even do some "guiding" of the sweet spots. Also have the Verdigris river nearby which is prime flathead territory, and Toronto lake "Cross Timbers" has modern camping and some decent fishing if you have a boat.

And YES, it is spooky out there at times and there are some old time stories to back up why it has that feeling to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.