fading with the times.....

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Aug 1, 2008.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    My wife and I both starting going on a diet a few months back. When I started I weighed in at a very healthy 300lbs.:eek:oooh: When I weighed in two days ago I weighed in at 281.5.:big_smile: Slowly but surely it is coming off.:wink:

Now if I could just transer the weight I lost to the fish I catch....:smile2:

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    it is so easy to put it on and so hard to remove something that took a life time to get and OH how hard it is

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    That's Great Kevin,18.5 pounds ain't nothing to sneeze at Sir!!! Congratulations that's almost a 20# pound sack of Taters.:wink: J.D.

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    congrats kev every little bit helps----have you tried weight watchers, i have two friends who did really well on that program---------i need to lose some myself

5. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I lost 100 lbs on Weight Watchers, and I've kept it off for four years now. So I can tell you any time you lose weight, it's nothing to sneeze at when you consider the effort involved!

And I still eat fried catfish, but I've also learned to grill it and bake it as well.

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Way to go bro. Keep on keepin on.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    good going :wink: i am trying to loose wait myself whean i move hear from NC. to be with the soon to be wife i waid 235 now im up to 260 man she just cooks to darn good im telling ya lol but my bigest prob is soft drinks iv swiched back to water thats one way that works for me if i lay of the soft drinks i can keep it under controlle iv never ben skiny and never will but the moor i controle the mid section the less my back hurts and the better i feel so keep up the good work and i will try to down size lol to :smile2:

8. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    A good friend of mine told me way back
    (It took time to put on the weight and twice as long to take it off)
    I had had back surgery and was doing great! with the weight thing until the end of Feb. My back went out again! POUTY! anywho, I was down three weeks and gained 15 pounds!:eek:oooh:
    Still working on the gettn off part. LOL But I truely believe gaining weight has a lot to do with decrease in physical movement. For me anyhow, So now little by little I walk. Walk up stairs instead of riding the elevator etc. Trying to squeeze (EASY) walking in...Without going to gym etc. It seems to be helping. Good luck with your weight loss. Give it time and don't get cranky when the lbs don't fly off best advice i can give ya

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin congrats on the weight loss. Great job.

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    kev im glad to here you losing some weight.my wife says our spare bed still has a bow in the middle from when you was visiting.j/k good job bro.

11. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    We are on a diet that is just like weight watchers.

12. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas

Are you sure that's the bed bowing and not the floor.:eek:oooh::smile2:

13. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Way to go Kevin, I spend about 3 hours in the gym daily. I run for an hour, and lift weights. I have noticed as I get older, it is harder to keep it off, easy to put on. I watch all the carbs I eat, potatoes, rice and bread. If you cut these out or down, it will help. Me my down fall is potatoes.

Good luck

14. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    kev you will be glad to here ive gone on a sea food diet.if i see food i eat it.

15. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Way to go Kevin on the weight loss. Should have been with us this weekend, you woulda lost some water for sure..........:eek:oooh::smile2: If I had any toxins built up they are gone now........Im wore out.

16. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I need to go on a diet myself but I can not get the wife to help:wink:,She still cooking all that good Cajun food.:smile2:

17. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    love that cajun food!

18. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top next sinker gathering you need to get her to cater it.:wink:

19. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    im ready for another sinker makeing gathering , and some cajun food

20. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Congrats, Kevin. Losing weight is hard to do for us old farts.
    I was diagnosed as diabetic about a year ago so I have had to give up sugar.
    That has the weight coming off me, slow, but steady.