Facts about eating fish

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by centexcop, Jun 22, 2009.

1. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    This is a good article for those not eating fish. I hope it hasn't already been posted. I like where catfish is placed on the list.....:big_smile:

Eating Fish

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You can get Mad Cow for eating beef, Bird Flu for poultry, and last but not least, Swine Flu for pork.

Nothing is safe to eat these days and everything you eat can potentially kill you including Pizza Hut, KFC, Burger King, and any Chinese takeout:smile2:!

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    that article has wire crossage problems lol:roll_eyes:

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Thats For Farm Rasied fish.

5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks for the info Joey.

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Correction.....you dont get swine flu from eating pork.....Disproven!

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Never heard of anyone getting swine flue from EATING pork,or birdflue from EATING poultry either,I do remember mad cow being communicable through eating infected beef { if not properly cooked}

8. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Hey good post catfish are top of the list.:big_smile:

9. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Mad cow, bird flu, swine flu..... Eat what you like, when you want it... The experts seem to contradict each other and if we listened to all of them, we'd be very unsatisfied.

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I will pass on the fish pizza .....lol

11. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    not a big fish eater but thanks for the post! very interesting, shane

12. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I really think they should have made a distinction between wild American catfish and farmed American catfish. We know the Chinese imported catfish are full of antibiotics that are not in use in America; what sort of cesspool are they raised in there? American farmed catfish are farmed in the South where they grow fast eating puffed grain, so they would not be full of mercury and other contaminants, but a large Flathead from a Michigan river would be an old fish, having eaten his share of other wild fish, and the toxins build up in fish that are the top of their food chain.

I love catfish though, they are my favorite species of fish to eat, followed closely by salmon. I often buy US farmed catfish. I didn't know Atlantic salmon were bad for you or the environment, but I knew they were pink because they are fed dyed food. I guess wild Alaskan salmon would be better (or maybe wild Lake Michigan salmon).

Also on the list of good fish is US tilapia. I have never seen that for sale, it is always Chinese import or Costa Rica farmed. I won't order tilapia at restaurants because I am sure they get it from the cheapest source, China.