Face Masks

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by DuckHunterChuck, Feb 23, 2006.

1. DuckHunterChuck

DuckHunterChuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Does every one think that face masks are as impotrant as i do. i mean, your face glows like a neon sign in the sun. there is no way that the ducks don't see it. what about people that don't know how to duck call, but they do anyway. particularly public marsh hunters. it drives me insane. or what about the skyblasters??!!?!?! the piss me off!!! :mad: its all good. you have to start somewhere. does anyone feel the same way that i do???

2. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    anytype of face camo is defintaly important. i like camo army face paint

3. N2Ducks

N2Ducks New Member

State:
    Texas
    face paint is really nice. I like my under armor face mask. and my leafy camo over it. Warm and it keeps me covered up.

4. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have never worn a facemask and dont think its necessary as long as your not lookin at them or keep it covered. I have never had a problem killin birds with it as long as its not basking in the sun and then its just a pie pan.

5. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I never leave home with out mine, and one for my buddy who always forgets his.

6. catmando

catmando New Member

State:
    Colorado
    heck yeah i know what your talking about.. A face mask is needed when droping birds

7. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    hells ya charlie i know exactly what your talking about.

8. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Just paint your face up like we do. It is ALOT easier to deal with than a dang mask getting in the way all the time. I used to wear a mask all the time, but like the face paint myself. God bless.

9. jblahuta

jblahuta New Member

State:
    texas
    i have to agree, the face paint idea works alot better for me. it does not get in the way when trying to blow on the calls.

10. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    I keep one in my coat pocket and three in my "blind" bag for the guys that always forget thiers. I prefer to look up when calling ducks or geese, face paint works well, but you will get some strange looks on the way home if you stop for a bite to eat.

11. DuckHunterChuck

DuckHunterChuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    lmao. i guess thats true. i think im gonna stick with my mask, that way i can scratch my face, and remove it to get some sun during slow times.

12. GrainDrain

GrainDrain New Member

State:
    Texas
    i got one to use for turkey hunting, but i use it more for goose hunting. Serves for warmth and camo.

13. jblahuta

jblahuta New Member

State:
    texas
    the looks is true. but then again i think that it is fun to do anyway as long as they do not think that you are going to rob them. my buddy always gets weird looks anyways by wearing his waders to eat.