F.O.I.D. question

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by malaki, Oct 14, 2006.

1. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    my stepson and i plan on deer hunting this fall and i thought since his father bought him a shot gun that he took him to get a f.o.i.d. card. turns out he didnt. he just turned 16 and has completed the hunter safety course. they went to a gun shop and filled out the app but they said he might not get it in time. question is will he be ok if we stay together? or should we not chance it?

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I would talk with your local DNR officer . He should beable to answer your question. I would hate to say one way and it be wrong and then you get a ticket or lose the gun.

3. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    yeah i would dnr before doing anything i know ohio has an a pprentice lic. this year as long as a license hunter is next to him at all times might want to see if ill. has that till all his stuff comes in

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Since he's under 18 He'll be fine, but you need to stay right with him with all your proper papers. If you do that there is no reason you can't both have fun.

5. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois

Call DNR, i'm fairly sure that you can go pick up his FOID instead of having to wait an additional week or two for the mailing process.

6. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    thanks for the replys guys! i got to reading the info with the permit and it says under 21 with parent, guardian or responsible adult with valide foid. i guess i have to be responsible this year lol.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thats correct. if under 21 and your with a responsible adult that has a valid f.o.i.d. hes ok.

8. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    we found out for sure sunday when the game warden stoped and checked us out.:roll_eyes:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff did he see or get a Deer? I hope he enjoyed his hunt with Dad and his first time. Good Hunting in the Future.:big_smile: :big_smile:

10. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    we didnt get anything this time. we let the does pass and missed the bucks. we will try again next weekend when its realy cold. they were some nice bucks too.:angry:

11. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You'll get them next time!