Extreme Weather Catfishing- New PB!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, Mar 18, 2009.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    A good friend of mine and fellow BOC member, bream reaper, came down for four days and nights of camping and catfishing. Dan and I have been catfishing together for over 17 years now and we have had many memorable trips over the years. This trip was no exception... it will go down in the books for sure!

First let me preface by saying that the camping conditions are very primitive. We knew in advance that the weather forecast was looking grim to say the least, but you can't catch 'em if you don't try. We were first faced with an extreme cold front that brought ~36 hours of strong winds out of the northeast. At times the wind would gust to 30 mph! It was brutal. This was immediately followed with over 40 hours of constant rain and drizzle with chilly temperatures (45-50 degree highs). We had no way to get out of the rain unless we stopped fishing, which was obviously not an option. It wasn't until mid-morning our last day that the rain stopped.

We caught a number of nice fish, but as you can imagine, we had to work pretty hard given the conditions. Overall, we were very successful and ended with some decent numbers. The big fish was a healthy 59 pounder that became Dan's new PB Blue catfish beating out his 50 pounder he caught last year. He also landed a nice 55 pounder that put up a great fight. It was an awesome trip!

I didn't even get home until 2:30 am on Monday and I had to work at 6:30 am! Dan made the haul back up to Indiana and finally made it home by 11:30 am! After a day of recovery, I am ready to do it again. It's hard to beat a catfishing trip with a great friend... good times!

A few pictures...

Attached Files:

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Those are some nice fish. Congrats on a good trip. :cool2:

3. cj7

cj7 New Member

State:
    AR
    That sounds like a great trip. It looks like toughing out that weather really payed off. congrats

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Great job on the big cats Marc!

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Oh yeah. That PB makes all the weather worth it! Congrats to you all!

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Marc, that is awesome. It pays off to brave the weather sometimes. This was obviously one of those times.:smile2:
    Congrats to you and Dan on a great trip.
    Dan, congrats on the PB.
    I have drivin many miles to go fishin with a good buddy. Its always worth it.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Marc thanks for sharing the pics of some nice fish. Congrats to your friend on the PB.

8. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    It truly was a trip for the ages. We have come a long way from fork-sticks and chicken liver! Thanks Marc.

9. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great job guys! It always amazes me that no matter what the weather, cold, rainy, windy, hot, etc. you never seem to notice that stuff when a fish is on. It's like the rain just quits, it warms up, cools down or, the wind ceases to blow. Good Stuff.

10. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice job guys,Man youv'e had one heck of a year!!

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congrats Marc and Dan! Good to see the bigguns still bitin'. Hopefully it'll continue after the fish off starts.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: Congrats Marc and Dan on the real nice Blue Cats! You guys earned them fishing in the tough conditions! :cool2:

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice catfish, Marc.

14. SHE-CAT

SHE-CAT New Member

State:
    Dallas, Georgia
    Glad you both had such a great trip! I wasn't going up there in that weather!

Congrats Dan on the PB!

15. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Congrats on the nice cats & the new PB. Those are the trips that make it all worthwhile, regardless of the weather conditions:wink:

16. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    a hard day of fishing beats a easy day work...congrats on the pb.....:wink:

17. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    congrats bro

18. Blacky

Blacky New Member