Extra Read All About It ! New PB Flathead Catfish! Me and Josh32207 Hit Up The Neuse

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Catfishin_Farm_Boy, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Hay Yall,

Me and my bud Josh aka Josh32207 hit up the neuse river last night.. We were plan'n to go tonight but Josh texted me yesterday and the fattie flattie fever had over taken him so we took off for the Neuse Last minute... Great Decision Bro !!! :big_smile: We got to the spot around 9:15....

A few days earlier some of my catfishin rods got some broken guides on em so I had to sub em out.... I grab a bass rod of mine... 7 foot medium heavy with a 5500 abu spooled up with 20 pound test mono.. I rigged it up Carolina rig style with a Gama 8/0 circle hook.... I just so happen to put a live eel on that my buddy Nick aka Catfishhunter2009 had gave me from when we all fished Sutton on friday night.. Thanks Bro !!!!!!! :big_smile:

About 9:40 ish maybe sooner..... The Bass rod with the live eel on it just bows down alittle bit then all of sudden it sinks down to the water just about... I pick it up and automaticly know its a beast !!! It was sizzlin the drag and headed down river !! I'd say it was a good 150 yards down river before I slowed it down and turned it.... Back and forth we went.. Hillbilly vs Fattie Flattie... He almost got me around some stuff in the water but I pulled him away just enough... 25 minutes or so later he was almost in and was about to turn to make another run when my bro Josh makes a mad grab that any pro noodler would be proud of and got ahold of the beast with one hand. Thanks Bro !!!!:big_smile: We were fired up like you wouldnt believe... We pulled it up and it was a hawg daddy of a flattie !!!!!!!! :smile2::big_smile::smile2::big_smile:

What a FIGHT What a FIGHT !!!!!!!!!

We fished until 4am.. We had runs all night... Josh caught a 5 or so pound blue.. His first North Carolina Blue !! Congrats bud.. and I caught another flattie about 3 pounds... Lots of little nibblers and no takers through out the night...

What a Great Night.. Had a Blast !!!! Thanks Josh !! I'll never forget this fishin trip !!

My New Personal Best Flattie !!!!!!!!!!!

So Lets see who can guess the exact weight of this beast.. So guess what yall think it weighs and I'll rep the person that guesses correctly !!! See how many folks it takes to get it right.. :smile2:

For a reference my height is 6'7

P.S. All fish were CPR'd ... So that beast is swim'n around somewhere in the Neuse right now gettin bigger if you wanna go try ur luck :big_smile::smile2::big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    My guess 46.9 on the nose (lol) , I just like 69 (lmao). Nice fatty flatty bro . Congrats on the new PB. Way to go Josh on the one handed grab . :smile2::wink::tounge_out::crazy::eek:oooh::cool2:

Josh tell em , sometimes you gotta pounce like a spider monkey and gett-r-done :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009

3. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hillbilly vs. Flatty (LMFAO) . Better not f*** with those hillbillys .:smile2::big_smile::smile2: Thats nuts , glad I'm just an ol redneck . (LOL) I've gotta get down there to the Nuese and see how the rednecks hold up against the Flattys . I'll bring the eels :smile2:

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I,M GUESSING 49.5 LBS ERIC :wink:

5. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    52lbs good job guys:wink:

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey....congrats on the PB...........looks like a solid 45 lbs!:big_smile:

7. dhart73

dhart73 New Member

State:
    Stedman NC
    Congratulations!!! Great story and a great big flattie!!! Ill say 52lbs!!

8. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    just a guess i would say 42.9 any way very nice fish gongrats on your new pb

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I dont have a guess Erik, but congratulations. Way to go.

10. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    not downing your fish........a fine one indeed.........but the head is deceptive on a flat.........id guess between 36 - 38 pounds has probably closer to 38!:wink:

11. hardydk1

hardydk1 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice flattie...the reference height of 6'7 is throwing me off but I would have to say around 45-50 pounds

12. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    Awesome flattie Erik... truly huge beast indeed. Well since I have not held any big flats and really don't have a feel for their weight at this point I'm not going to make a guess. Again... congrats on a great catch!

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'm gonna go with 52.4 big boy!! :wink:

14. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Awesome story Hillbilly Erik! Congrats on the new PB since theres alot of that going around. Congrat to you Josh for the grab and the blue. If this keeps up i have a feeling theres gonna be a new record soon. I would have to say 43LBS Erik. Im gonna make my way up there very soon. :0a22: :0a23:

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    It would be easier to guess if it wasn't stuck out towards the camera like them Ba$$ fishermen do.

I have no clue!??

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Erik I love the excitement in your post. Congrats on a nice flat. Enjoyed the pic. I would guess 42#. Thanks for sharing.

17. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on a nice flattie! Geussing 36lbs.

18. cat'n around

cat'n around Member

State:
    Vanceboro N.C.
    nice fish. im gonna say high 30's to low 40's.

19. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    Based off the fact that I'm 5' 7" and my PB is 33 and using Einstien's theory of general relativity(the section that states I win) I put it at 31 - 32 pounds. I also figured in the strength of the Yen and the fact that there was a full solar eclipse over India. It's science. :wink:

Nice fish man!!! :dribble:

20. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Congrats on the pb thats a hawg