extra livewell

Discussion in 'Livewell and Bait Tank Review' started by cliff n york, Mar 13, 2008.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i just got a boat for crappie fishing, but it doesnt have a livewell in the front of the boat. does a livewell have to have an aerator for bluegills/crappie.

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Just my opinion but if you don't circulate / oxygenate the water you may as well put in a good cooler than worry with the live well.:big_smile:

3. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I'd have to second the ice chest. Cant go wrong putting crappie on ice . Makes them easier to clean with an electric knife.

4. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    I wouldn't keep any fish in a container of water in warm weather, without an aerator. They will get hot and stinky. You can use a cooler with ice, or build a live well from a small cooler. They are really simple to make. You can build one that recirculates the water in the cooler. You could also build one that draws in the lake water and let's it back out, via an overflow. You can make it run constantly, or better yet have it turn off and on with an automatic live well switch. I have built a couple of bait wells like this. I will be posting step by step instructions, on how to build a small bait well from a 48 quart Marine cooler. I will be including, how to wire the pump and automatic shut-off switch. If you go to my photo gallery, you can see the photos of the water cooler bait tank, that I built from a 10 gallon Igloo water cooler.

D_Weezy

5. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice flathead:cool2:

6. D_Weezy

D_Weezy Active Member

State:
    Cadiz, Ohio
    Name:
    Dale
    Believe it or not, this fish was caught at my local park (Sally Buffalo). That lake behind me, is less than a mile around. I am not sure how many surface acres it is. Broke a flippin stick there once, on a catfish :wink:.

7. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I caught my avatar fish in a local pond that is 1/4 mile to run all the way around it. You just never know!!