Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
I wouldn't keep any fish in a container of water in warm weather, without an aerator. They will get hot and stinky. You can use a cooler with ice, or build a live well from a small cooler. They are really simple to make. You can build one that recirculates the water in the cooler. You could also build one that draws in the lake water and let's it back out, via an overflow. You can make it run constantly, or better yet have it turn off and on with an automatic live well switch. I have built a couple of bait wells like this. I will be posting step by step instructions, on how to build a small bait well from a 48 quart Marine cooler. I will be including, how to wire the pump and automatic shut-off switch. If you go to my photo gallery, you can see the photos of the water cooler bait tank, that I built from a 10 gallon Igloo water cooler.

D_Weezy

·
Registered
913 Posts
I wouldn't keep any fish in a container of water in warm weather, without an aerator. They will get hot and stinky. You can use a cooler with ice, or build a live well from a small cooler. They are really simple to make. You can build one that recirculates the water in the cooler. You could also build one that draws in the lake water and let's it back out, via an overflow. You can make it run constantly, or better yet have it turn off and on with an automatic live well switch. I have built a couple of bait wells like this. I will be posting step by step instructions, on how to build a small bait well from a 48 quart Marine cooler. I will be including, how to wire the pump and automatic shut-off switch. If you go to my photo gallery, you can see the photos of the water cooler bait tank, that I built from a 10 gallon Igloo water cooler.

D_Weezy
nice flathead:cool2:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Believe it or not, this fish was caught at my local park (Sally Buffalo). That lake behind me, is less than a mile around. I am not sure how many surface acres it is. Broke a flippin stick there once, on a catfish :wink:.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I caught my avatar fish in a local pond that is 1/4 mile to run all the way around it. You just never know!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.