EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Jul 4, 2008.

What Shall Ye Official Name Be?

1. Ol Swampy

2. Swamper

3. El Swampo

4. USS Swamp

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    HERE YE HERE YE. I CALL TOGETHER THE AVATAR NAME CHANGE COMMITTEE.

Background:On Friday, Grump, myself, the Jackman, Jon and his buddy Tim commenced on the 4 hour drive to Catfish Safari, to participate in the Missouri ACATS Night Time Tourney for some fun and relaxation.

Jon had all his gear tucked away nicely for the journey (See Exhibit A)

Exhibit A
    [​IMG]

Drive culminated safely, and we had a nice evening on the water, until storms rolled in (See Exhibit B for explanation) and we all decided to retire for the evening.

Exhibit B
    [​IMG]

At the crack of first light, being as I'm an early riser, I was on the porch alone enjoying my coffee and Steve's great view from his porch swing when Steve's wife Tina came down and said, someone just called from the boat dock, and said there is a boat sinking down there. A fisherman had obtained Catfish Safari's phone number from the boat dock and called it in. So I walked the 50 or so yards to the boat dock, and when I immediately saw the boat, I panicked a little bit because I knew the boat WAS very close to sinking. The only thing holding it up were two small ropes so I turned on the bilge pump, and scooped 50 or so buckets of water out when it hit me. :roll_eyes:

I cannot understand why I have the reputation for circling like a Turkey Vulture at a Gateway Members fineist hour, but at some point of scooping I certainly realized what a gem I had here in the water before me. :smile2: A few snaps later, and the dirty deed was done. See Exhibits C, D, and E

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After getting "The evidence", I proceeded to go wake Jon up and tell him of my great fortune. :tounge_out: Following him to the dock like the paparazzo we are, Jon's biggest fear wasnt the sinking of his vessel, but what was going to happen on the BOC. I 'assured' him, I we would NEVER do such a thing, but I'm pretty sure he didnt believe us. :crazy:

Keep in mind, I probably had already got 500 gallons of water out of the boat by the taking of the photos. The water was up to his GPS puck if that helps you at all. If someone had stepped into the boat, she would have gone under. The water was lapping at that gunwales.

So without further adue, I bring a Nomination on the table to rename Brother Jon's Avatar.

He will no longer be referred to JWDRN or however the he!! you say it, but will be affectionately known as whatever the voting membership comes up with.

And, at the next meeting someone please remind me to pass it on to Jon that we usually dont leave our livewell pumps running all night with shad in the tank least ye boat might sink if a shad clogs the drain pipe. :smile2::smile2:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    So Cuz just how much did he manage to salvage out of that mess? How about the boat get he get it back to dry land or is it habitat for the fish now.:eek:oooh: Had me worried when started reading this,though maybe it was the Big Daddy.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I also tried to tell him we were going fishing, not to a soccer match. :smile2::cool2:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    EVERYTHING was saved buddy. He got all the water pumped out but everything in the boat was obviously water logged.

Especially hilarious, was Jon's FIVE BOXES OF BASS BAITS which he had to dry out. Cant say I felt much pain there. LMAO . I did feel bad for the lad, but not quite bad enough to stop this locomotive from finding the enjoyment of the Brotherhood Of Catfisherman. :smile2:

5. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Well I dont know a lot about fishing vessels, BUT Looks like to me this sucker is some kind of:
    "Stealth Submarine Contrabtion" probably stolen from the F. B. I. (Fishing on the Bottom Institute) The Snorkel attachment for the motor is missing,
    The owner of this vessel could go by the name of:

Capt. Sub. or Just Sub

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Cuz, Those pics are priceless, This looks like beginning of a public lynching :smile2: good luck Jon ! ps skipeye might have some good pointers for survival. lol

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That name sure fits the situation quite well. Sure am glad that the boat was not lost or anything (other than pride) severly damaged.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hmmm, seeing as how the storms rolling in somehow got shifted to being my fault, I bring to the meeting a casual observation. I have either fished with you or been there when you set out fishing, on many occasion. Not one time have I ever seen you or anyone else take a picture of any boats interior, before you went fishing. Cept this time

Hmmmm, appears rather convenient, doesn't it? Perfect "before" picture, if I may say so. How very handy.

:wink:

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Seems to me like a better name would be Capt. Swamp Bucket. :smile2::wink:

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hmmm, no, afraid that isn't possible. You see, he didn't go down with his boat, so he isn't allowed to be called Captain. I do like "Swamp Bucket". Oh, Yeah, I like that name very much. Kinda just rolls off the tongue and I can't help but think of him when I say it.

Swamp Bucket
    Swamp Bucket
    Nanny nanny boo boo!

11. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Well Glad I could help.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thats the first thing I noticed. :smile2:

This could be library material. Ive seen a lot of shad tanks before but this one may be the best. I take it they were alive still. :smile2:

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I think it was a very creative idea on Jons part to keep those shad frisky in the tepid waters. One shad per 100 gallons ought to keep them alive and kicking. We should call PETA, he might get an award for the selfless sacrifice of his boat to create a bigger, better baitwell.

Better patent the idea Jon. I mean SWAMPER!

I would also like to apologize for Cuz's behavior, circling like a vulture, gleefully snapping pics. It is a shame he was not caught in the act when he blew his automatic lifevest with the cast net for instance......there are many other hee-haws and his day is coming. As a 'past' victim of his torture I am on your side brother Swamper!

14. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Skippy I think you are just jealous of Cuz's ability to be more covert with his screw ups.

We all know he has a some good ones but manages to not have them as well documented as others.

15. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Ed, I believe that Gary has some footage of Cuz wresting a Blue cat and trying to pin it down (or make love to it:roll_eyes:) on the floor of his boat at the first Cuzfest. So, there have been documentation of Cuz slip ups, but they still haven't surfaced.:wink:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Ah, just the thought of several of my bro's lying in wait for me keeps me on my toes. Thank the Good Lord Grumper didnt have a camera in the boat that day, or it didnt happen 3 minutes later when skippy came driving up.

I'm sure my day is coming, but you can rest assured I plan my actions verrrrrrryyyy carefully to make sure it isnt anytime soon. :smile2::smile2::wink:

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    That footage was lost to suspicious and unusual circumstances. I dont know what could have possibly happened. :smile2::roll_eyes:

18. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I gonna guess that cuz and grumper could tell some whoopers on each other but have a sort of pact going, that "I won't tell if you won't".

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Obvioulsy I couldnt beat up on my tourney partner now could I? :smile2:

Wrong Big Ed. If and when Ol Grumper finds himself in an unusal situation, Cuz will be there camera in hand. :smile2::smile2: I have no shame.

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Poor Poor Jon.. You just about joined the Boatless Harold Team.. You better go out and buy yourself a couple cases of the good stuff cause you will certainly need it before this group gets through with you.. But really I'm on your side... Bail Bail Bail... hehehe