Explaining CPR

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I was at Bass Pro today looking at graphs and was talking to two sales men about fishing for cats. They ask what I do with them and I told the CPR. They looked at me like I was crazy. I had to explain to them why and they still did not understand the concept I guess. But hopefully I planted a seed and they will think about it and start practicing it. We can only tell people and hope they will follow to help ensure our sport. Dont get me wrong I dont see anything wrong with keeping a few everynow and then to eat. Years ago when mom and dad fished the mo river a lot I would not tell them about some holes that I could go to and catch fish just about any time. Because mom thought if you caught it you kept it. Boy did she get mad at me for not sharing my good holes:smile2:. But at least I could go back and catch fish on a regular bases.

Tom

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Tom, that's about all we can do is plant the seed. Practicing CPR only or slective harvest will boil down to each individual to do what they think is best for them. As long as someone is using legal methods and are keeping size and numbers of fish that their states regulations allow then it is their choice. If we plant enough seeds or educate enough people then we have made a difference. I for one love to eat fish as well as catch them so for me I practice and preach selective harvest. Any fish over 10 lbs. is returned back to the body of water that it was caught in. I catch plenty of eaters for the fish fries that I put on. How I came up with the 10 lb. rule is that I mainly target blues. Blues 10 lbs. and larger are your best spawning size fish so to me if you keep these fish then over time you are killing your favorite fishery. Reps to ya for spreading the word :cool2:.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Dang Tom wouldn't even tell your own Mother???? :eek:oooh:

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The only reason that they don't know about fishing is that it is not a prerequisite for working there! lol :roll_eyes::big_smile::smile2:

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    John I agree that if a person stays within the law than no problem. But I want people to practice catch and release because as we all know we can over fish areas. I do not want people to get the wrong idea here but just get the idea out about catch and release to preserve our sport for our kids and grandkids. And Kevin yea my own mother:smile2:. I am serious about the things that I believe in.

Tom