Experimental lure?

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by Gibbzilla, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I'm hitting a pond about 70x20 yards tommorow morning, and I know it's loaded with bream, most of them small green sunfish, but I was also wondering if there were kinds of bass. What would be a good lure to use to see if there's bass in it, but also be able to catch the decent to nice-sized bream?

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I have caught bass and big perch out of the same pond on a small spinnerbait. White is my favorite color. These are just the small version of a regular spinnerbait, but only about 1/4 ounce. They work like a charm.:smile2:

3. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Ive cought bass on larger beetle spins, and thats one of the most effect lures that ive used for bluegill and other panfish. also like was mentioned, a smaller spinnerbait.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Gibby,

:0a27: With the two posts above me I'll go with:
    a small "Sunfish Colored" Spinnerbait or a small "Sunfish Colored" Crankbait.
    :wink:
    If there are some Ba$$ in that pond - they will hit those lures.
    :confident:

Oh Yea - "Good Luck out there"!. :cross:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Try a little Mepps Spinner. Match the color to the bait fish in the pond. Use bright colors (Chart Green) if water is stained.:lol: :smile2:

6. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    If a pond 20 yards by 70 yards is loaded with bream, mostly small green sunfish, then there may not be a lot of bass. Even a few bass and catfish would keep the bream popluation down. With that many bream, the bass fry would have a hard time living long.

If I had only 2 bass lures, one would be a 3/8 oz spinner, the other a 9" plastic creature.