Expected more...

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by jde512, Oct 5, 2009.

1. jde512

jde512 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thought I was lined up for a banner fishing trip on Saturday night. Took my 9 year old and one of his friends out on the river down from LR. Had a full moon, falling barometer, decent water levels and the surface temps had fallen from 89 three weeks ago, down to 72 degrees. Man, I was excited. We had a few bluegill, 3-4 shad about 6" long and bucketfull of fresh-caught smaller shad. Got set up about 30 minutes before dark and waited...and waited... and waited...nothing. Moved to the 2nd spot with the same results...nothing. Set up at the third spot about 8:00. By this time, I had tried live shad, live bluegill, cut bluegill and cut shad. Nothing was proving interesting to the fish. The boys were doing well staying patient, but after 30 minutes or so with nothing even picking up a bait, we'd had enough and reeled up. My boy had a little tiny gar that had ate one of the cut shad and then just sit there. That was the highlight of our trip. I really was expecting big things, but I guess that's why it's called fishing and not catching.:confused2:

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Jeff that sounds like our fishing story from Badin Lake at the N.C. gathering this weekend .Fun time just no fish .

3. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Jeff same for Puppypal and I, we went to murry L&D saturday and night fishing with skipjack on dam side and hydro and cought a few dinks and the only good eater was brought out from anyone was a guy fishing on wall @ the dam. Fishing said great on scale but was not where we were:crazy::angry::sad2:

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    fishing has been bad here too. 2 fishing trips to the local lake this past weekend with 1 channel and 1 drum. couldn't find any crappie either. maybe in a couple of weeks they will start the fall bite.

5. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    just getting out there with the boys is a big plus.

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    :smile2:youll slay em next time and ill get my skunk curse back