Excitment down the street

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, Sep 14, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Tonight was an interesting evening.

First off, we live in the middle of a corner culdesac. When you look out the front of our house, you look straight down a dead end street, about 2 1/2 blocks long. When looking out the front door, the right side of the street has houses, the left side has some old, low income single story apartments.

At approx. 9:00, my wife and I sent our kids to bed. My son came running out of his room yelling "their settings stuff on fire!!!!" My wife and I quickly run to the front door and look outside. We see 4 kids, about 7-9 setting something on fire, waving it around, then throwing it in a dumpster. I go back in and grab my cell phone to call the police, and my wife starts walking towards them, trying to stay behind cars so they don't notice her.

After finding my phone, and calling 911 due to the dumpster being on fire, I hopped in the car and drove down to the dumpster to see which kids were the ones doing it. One of their mothers came out to see what was going on because when I stopped, I hit my horn 3 or 4 times, and yelled asking the kids what they were doing. The mother then got a 1/2 gallon pitcher of water from her apartment and poured it in the dumpster, ran back, got another, and so on. She poured about 3 pitchers in the dumpster before the first of 6 police cars showed up. They asked her to stop, and about that time the fire truck arrived. It was a ladder truck. The went about putting the fire out, and when they were just about done, the police got an emergancy call and all took off, lickedy split.

The firemen were about to leave andd I asked them if anyone was going to talk to the parents of the children involved. They said that the police would be back to do that, unless I knew who it was. I let them know about the one mother I knew about and they went and talked to her for about 2 mins. Then they came back, advised me the police would be back in a little while, and that the mother was going to bring her kids to the firestation to watch a film about the dangers of playing with matches. They then hopped in the truck and left.

Can't believe that there isn't going to be more done, but, the way things are going these days, kids never get punished the way they should.

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    You are right there probably wont be anything else done about it and that is a real shame becuase the kids are not stupid and when they see that all they are going to get out of it is a lecture they will do it again that is when something bad will happen

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    People wonder why the world is the way it is??? I don't question it at all,the world changed when the laws said you are not allowed to give your kids a good swift kick in the Butt. This makes me furious and it is the reason our prisons are filled to the max. Heaven forbid if I would have done something bad regardless of what,if it's caused the officialls to come my mom would have torn the flesh off my hindend. Yes she was very strict but I believe she and I my daddy God rest their souls made me who I am today!--------pk powell:smile2:

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    You guys are right! Those kids need some kind of attention! I know that when I was a kid my mom would have took that attention right to my butt, just like you said PK!

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    What ever happen to the old wooden spoon across the back?? Or one of those paddles with the sting and the rubber ball on it.....LOL...That was my moms tool of chouice when i was bad

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Way back then, ... you knew you were in trouble when a belt in your house had a name! :haha:

7. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Forgot to mention, 15 mins after the firemen left, the kids were back outside playing. It was after 10:00 at night for pete's sake!

8. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I knew I was in trouble when Mom would get the peach tree "switch" from its special place. That's what really gets me though is that their parents didn't know where they were or what they were doing:angry: :angry: :angry:

Tony

9. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    We used to get the leather strap! These kids today just dont know how unfortunate they are for not being disciplined. It will catch up to them later in life.:sad_2a:

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    We as a nation keep going down hill In some places If you whip one of your own kids they will prosecute you they tell them that in school I hit one of my grand sons on his rear one time just a tap in walmart for running of and like to got in trouble over it then we wonder why crime is as bad as it is and kids act as they do we as :sad2: a people are going to have to answer for our actions we keep voteing politiclians in all partys That only look out for lobbest and the rich and letting the bureaucrats make there own rules Yes THEM KIDS Should HAVE BEEN PUNISHED:sad2: sorry to have gotten on my band wagon stuff like that up sets me

11. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    we got some like that runnin around buddahs house,, he's chased them off a few times,,, but they keep comin back and doin the same crap...... get some rock salt my pap used to say,,, thattl teach em...!!

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My dad didn't call it attention, but I sure got the message everytime, not lmao

13. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    In some cases I think parents honestly don't care. I was spanked when I did wrong, my parents aren't in jail and I am a better Man because I had discipline.

14. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I agree ! Im still alive and got my arse whooped plenty. I know right from wrong and can still remember the sound of that belt when it come out of the loops of dads pants LOL. When one of my boys started shootin out windows with his BB gun, he got his arse whooped too, told me he was gonna call the police... I handed him the phone and asked him how long he thought it would take them to get here? he said why? I told him cuz If Im going to go to jail for the discipline you just got, then Im gonna make sure I get my moneys worth. LMAO he handed me back the phone an never ever uttered those words to me again, in fact we got along pretty good after that. Course he was about 16 when he got his bb gun back he was 10 when I took it from him................. LMAO I believe this society has really slipped bad, and too many parents just dont care, to caught up in thier own worlds I guess. But I can tell ya, in the hills I live in business is took care of as it has in the last hundred years. They dont get paddled at school anymore I dont think, thats ashame too. I still feel that big paddle with the holes drilled in it. Man did that hurt........ Mac :lol:

15. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    One of the things that I am very glad about is that the schools my kids both go to, still believe in corperal punishment. My sons been having problems getting school work turned in. The counselor knows our feelings on spanking from previous conversations we have had with her. She suggested the other day that for each missed assignment, he be sent to the office for 3 swats.

With 7 classes, that would get old real quick for him and he'd stop missing asignments. I gar-un-tee it!!!!

16. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i would have done the same thing tony

17. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I bet it would. My father and the principal of my school, my uncle, had an understanding. You give him licks then send him home then call me and I get my turn too. Needless to say I wasn't much trouble at school.

18. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sounds about right thats why we have kids with shot guns in schools killin class mates

19. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Brother- I couldn't agree with you more! I know that if I even thought of doing that I'd get the switchin' of a lifetime! One almost has to be scared of kids now-a-days cause you might get robbed as fast as another might help? You understand what I mean? LIL' Punks anyway. Probably just land themselves in jail cryin' for someone to come bail em' out!... Not me.. They can rot for all I care. some kids are just so disrespectful it makes me wanna puke!

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    You have to wonder about the parents. They don't seem to be doing a very good job raising their kids! Maybe the parents need alittle education also.
    Bill