Excited...getting new boat this week.

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Mike81, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Decided to buy myself a retirement gift after 20 years in the military. Buying an 04 Wooldridge Alaskan II Center Console. I fell in love with these boats years ago when I spent 10 years in Alaska and I saw them fly by opn the river in 5 inches of water. 18 1/2'[ , hand made welded aluminum, tunnel hull, 200 hp Yamaha outboard w/jet, 74lb minn kota trolling motor, 62 gal fuel tank. Gonna turn it into an awesome catfish machine for the rivers. Hope to see ya'll out there.

Take care
    mike

2. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    That sounds great. Don't forget to get a personal flotation device (PFD) for everyone who's going to be on the boat and wear the things when you're on the water.

-- Rich

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks, no doubt...I always keep everyone safe. Nothing ruins a great day fishin like an accident that could have been prevented.

Good Fishing
    mike

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mike,
    Congratulations on your retirement from the military,and thank you for devoting 20 yrs. of your life to serving your country. Congratulations on the boat you are buying,you deserve it,and have earned it. Enjoy and be safe!
    Glenn

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for your kind words Glenn. I appreciate it. I am 38 years old and have been in the military since I graduated high school in 1987...my entire adult life. I have had some awesome experiences, been many places Alaska,Guam, Italy,Germany, Japan, Qatar, Iraq and would not change a thing. I am proud to do what I could for our country. Helk, I had it easy...my grandfather fought on Iwo Jima and is still alive today... now that's someone who sacraficed for us all....

Take care and good fishin
    mike

6. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mike,
    Congrats on the new boat!!!
    The Wooldridge is a great boat, I have told the wife if I was to get an outboard it would be the Alaskan II. That boat is built tough and will last a lifetime.
    I went to Oregon to get my inboard jet boat. Did you find one down south or did you have to go to the NW to get yours too?

Also congrats on the retirement!!!

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I found a company in Mobile, Alabama that is a factory builder for Wooldridge. Someday I want to have a 22' custom big block Inboard made but I just could not afford it right now..retiring from military and just starting second career. I happened on the company and in talking to them found a demo boat they had available. I'll have to do a couple things to customize it...but overall it is a great boat....

mike

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    COngrats on your retirement and the new boat enjoy you earned it thanks for serving

9. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
  10. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Congrats, and thank you for your service .
    Please post some pics when you get a chance.

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats on retirement and new boat. Got myself a new Lund when I retired 2 years ago.

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Finally got everything worked out with the bank, buying a custom boat I guess is a little more of a pain in the butt. You would think I was buying an oil tanker..but got everything we needed and should be able to pick it up on Friday, Monday at the latest. Here are a few pics I have...I'll post some better one's when I get it on the river.

Good Fishin
    mike

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    thanks 4 serving this great country of ours & post some pics not only 4 us but 4 ur buddies still serving so they have something 2 look forward 2 when they get out & u take em 2 ur secret spot!!!!