Excellent weekend fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Ecfool, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    Man I had an excellent weekend fishing here, started out went to a little local lake that is planted with trout and has a decent stock of channel cats, bluegill and crappie. Got to the lake about 6 am and set up to fish for early morning trout utilizing two poles. I was knocking em dead had a limit of fair sized trout by 7:30 and noticed a younger man and his son fishing about 20 feet from me not getting a hit at all, so I invited them to come over and fish where I was. Came to find out his son was 5 and was his first time out fishing, I noticed he wasn’t set up at all for trout fishing as "dad" admitted he fished mostly for catfish in local canals. I set up the kid with proper set up, hook sinker and bait as well as dads pole. Meanwhile I am catching some decent bluegill (saucer sized, great flathead bait but wanted a stock of em for dinner) the kid was amazed. I showed him how to cast and he was not in water for over 5 minutes and had a decent sized trout on. The after about 3 hour’s dad and son had eight trout and were calling it a day. I was still fishing for channels and sunfish. Just the feeling knowing I had made a father and sons first day out fishing was enough to make my day fantastic, dad could not thank me enough.
    I continued fishing and dahmmed if another young man and his wife and daughter were at the dock launching their “new” used boat I watched em for some time as dad puller and pulled trying to get outboard to run. After dad tried for about 30 minutes he got ion car and left he came back with a can of starting fluid and proceeded to try to get it running again it would run on either and die. I couldn’t take it any more and told my fishing partner “hang on I’ll be right back” went over and asked if he needed help that he obviously had a fuel problem he was receptive to my advice to check fuel flow from tank, which was good. I asked how long engine had set up and was told “ohh about 4 months “. I tapped on the float bowl of carb and needle freed up and I could get fuel into carb. Whhaalla it ran once again big thanks for a day fishing saved and he took his daughter out fishing.
    You talk about a good feeling fishing the rest of the day (I fish from generally sunrise to sunset) knowing I had helped a family enjoy our great sport we call fishing.
    I ended up day with (between partner and myself) 10 trout, 18 bluegill, 6 crappie and 4 decent channel cats and a filled heart of good faith.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Glad you had a great weekend fishing. Was beautiful for us Southern Illinois boys too. Between my father and I, pulled in 2 flatheads, one at 27.5 and the other 13.7 and a couple of nice blues 5lb and 7.5lb.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad you had a great weekend fishing congradulations

4. BLACK MAC

BLACK MAC New Member

State:
    Riverbank Calif
    Great story... future fisherman for sure...

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great story Earl! That is what it is all about:wink: 5 stars for a great deed:big_smile: You made my day.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That sounds like a great time!! I know who to ask when I have fishing questions!! Great Job!

7. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    GREAT JOB.ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE TIME AND A LITTLE HELP TO MAKE THESE TWO FAMILY'S DAY ENJOYABLE .

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats what its all about brother.

9. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    best report i've heard in awhile. way to go.
    gary

10. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    That's awesome man.
    Linz:wink:

11. guppie

guppie New Member

State:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Congratulations, you just made my day. I love it when people share knowledge and experience. The father and son both had a great day together because of your action. As well as the other family.