Exactly what is an RC Bait Boat

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Grits, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    Hello Everyone

I have seen members mention an RC bait boat. I have a good imagination and I think I know what it is. My assumption is a remote controlled model boat that is used to take a bait into a restricted area such as next to a dam. Am I correct?

Does anyone have a photo of an RC bait boat they would post.

Thank you

Grits

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Roger you are correct in your assumption.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    That is correct, You can go to BaitBoats's profile and he has a picture of his there.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    RC baitboats are widely used in the UK for carp fishing. While those same boats may be used here, the Arkansas River generally requires a larger, stronger boat for fishing below dams and powerhouses, because of the rough, swift waters there. As 777 said, you can see a picture of Baitboat's baitboat in his profile; here is a picture of a commercially made baitboat from the UK.

Attached Files:

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    JTrew's right on, as usual. Google "Carp Fishing" and you'll find tons of sites on European carp fishing where they use the boats. One of the reasons I read about for them is that a lot of bodies of water prohibit all types of boats, so they use the RC models to get their rigs out. Pretty cool idea, really. Take one heck of an RC boat below some of the dams on the Miss or OH rivers, though:smile2:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Now Ive seen it all. :cool2:

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Branden, that's probably why I've never seen one of those UK baitboats on the Arkansas River. I don't know exactly how big Baitboat's boat is, but what I've seen was made from a block of styrofoam about 4' long by 3' wide, with a trolling motor for propulsion. And even with that size and power, I've seen a safety line run from the RC boat back to the fishing boat, where the line was attached to a big reel fastened to a 12" piece of broomhandle with a single eye fastened to the top. That way, in case of trouble, the guy handling the safety line could just reel the RC boat back to the fishing boat.