EVINRUDE TAKES OVER LAKE TAHOE

Discussion in 'Boating' started by low desert jonathan, Dec 23, 2009.

1. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    :smile2::smile2: Evinrude Etec motors have been named the cleanest running engines and are the only outboards that are approved for use on Lake Tahoe in CA.:big_smile::big_smile: LDJ

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thats commendable..i guess :smile2:

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Best of all its still a 2 stroke. Admittedly not your every day 2 stroke but one that impresses me.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is a big compliment for the Etec. Good to hear.

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Jonathan not sure were you got the info. could be something new, did a search and could find nothing about any new or future Lake Tahoe emissions regulations, as far as I know as long as the outboard meets the required U.S. EPA 2006 or the California Air Resources Board (CARB) 2001 emissions standard rating they would be allowed on the lake, this would include all 4 strokes and Merc's OptiMax and the E-tec's

here is a link to the most current info that I could find http://www.boattahoe.com/trparegs.htm

Jonathan please post anything that you have that is maybe more current:wink:

The lake is one one of the crown jewels of the USA and needs all the protection it can be given and still be able to use it. Guess the one way they have figured out how to do that is the lowest price to launch a boat on the lake that we could find was $75:crazy:

small bit of trivia, the lake is so large that it evaporates enough water on a average day to supply the City of LA all its water needs for a day

Attached Files:

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I belive the water evaporation is one millon gallons a day. Man i love going and fishing the Tahoe area ...use to drive up there every friday and stay till sunday fishing all over the moutain's up there, thru out the summer month's.

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I guess thats why the snow in Utah is some of the best in the world for skiing..... picks up the air mass over the lake and then drops the fluffy stuff when it has been dried some....

Merry Christmas

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Ray did you know that a location up above tahoe has and get's more snow fall than any place in the US?

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    My brother has a home in Tahoe....man I love to visit him whenever I can. I've never seen a more beautiful lake in my life. I think you can still see a white china plate 75 feet deep in the water. I knew they had outlawed regular two stroke motors....but my brother drives his 4 cycle up there on the lake.

10. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
  11. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Sorry I copied you Dale. I did'nt see the link in your post. This was the same thing as I found. I am a Native Californian. My folks live in Shingletown Offf of Hwy 44 Just below Lassen State Park. Man what beautiful country

12. low desert jonathan

State:
    California
    Evinrude.com. Engine video series E-TEC,2nd or 3rd video LDJ :smile2:

13. low desert jonathan

State:
    California
    The Evinrude E-TEC is the only engine approved for use by the Lake Tahoe Resources Board for use on there boats.:big_smile::big_smile: LDJ