Everyones hook of choice ?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by ayokay005, Aug 24, 2006.

1. ayokay005

ayokay005 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I ve found that the eagle claw kahle hooks are great!! have not missed nearley as many bites ! was sceptable at first but now im confident with them!

What is the best hook for river cats?

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The eagle claw kahle hooks is what I use, also. I have tried the circle hooks but I don't like them as well. Kahle for me!!

3. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    My fav for my bank fishing in lakes for cats with cut bait and shrimp is the Gamakatsu Octopus circle hooks in sizes 4/0,6/0 and 8/0.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like the 3/0-7/0 eagle claw j-hook and a 5-0-7/0 gamagotsu circle hook. I even like a 3/0 tru turn.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    i use the gamakatsu octopus J hook.....NO circle hooks for me

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i use eagle claw circles for channels, and a 6/0 "spinnerbait" j- hook made by mustad with livebaits for flatheads. when it comes to j-hooks i like a "true" j-hook, not the type with a slight curve at the tip or an offset. i think the hook manufacturers make most j-hooks with a slight curve at the tip to act somewhat like a circle just in case of a bad hookset/wimpy jerk. thankfully i dont have to worry about that.:big_smile:

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    8/0 Gamakatsu Octopus circles are the hooks I use most. I also use the 7/0 Eagle claw Kahle hooks but I find the Eagle claws are not nearly as sharp as Gamakatsu. I also started using the Gamakatsu Octopus J hooks, these are the sharpest hooks I have found yet.

8. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    if i could only buy 1 hook it would have to be a 7/0 gamma circle
    closely fallowed by a 6/0 or 8/0 gamma circle