Everyones CAMO of choice?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by catfishbills, Feb 6, 2008.

1. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just curious what camo pattern everyone uses and likes? I REALLY prefer a light colored camo pattern, that doesnt get darker as you get farther away from it! I have a BUNCH of "Natural Gear" camo, and the new Mossey Oak "Duck Blind" camo is lightly colored also (I dont have any of this yet). I have placed camo jackets on tree limbs and backed away 50 or so yds before and you wouldnt believe what happens to camo, when you get away from it! If you place 2 different patterns side by side and compare, you can get an idea! Alot of manufaturers make camo that is attractive to the hunter and NOT possibly the BEST for HIDING the hunter!

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina

3. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    :0a27: Love the digital green camo the marines are using now. My cousin walked about 50 yards away in a shaded area with trees behind him, he disappeared!!! :crazy: He wasn't even in the trees or underbrush, just standing out in the open. I was hooked.....i would love to find some of this at a second hand store, or army surplus. Would be awesome for hunting. Really breaks up your outline. I'm still trying to figure out an easy way to paint my jon boat in digital camo. That would be awesome for duck hunting.

4. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher New Member

State:
    NC
    The patchwork quilts have felt pretty wonderful since the season is over.

I like Seclusion 3-D.

5. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    depending on what im hunting camo changes the digis the marines have are awsome by the way. i have also knowticed the darkening of camo at greater distances however somthn else you need to watch for is camo that is toooo bright or sometime even reflective. the MAX-4 camo is extremely bad for this infact granted it looks amazing but it will reflect the sun somthn fierce

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I mainly use realtree ap and natural gear camo .

7. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    Ghillie suit in the early season , Then I switch to AST skyline in the later days . In a stubble field with a facemask , your buddies will try walking on you

8. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I love the digital camo we use in the military but now cabelas and others are taking up the design also so there will be some better camo coming around.

9. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    I really like the new Mossy Oak "Duck Blind" pattern for waterfowl hunting and the Realtree Hardwoods gray for everything else.

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I used to be a hard core Mossy Oak Shadow Grass guy, but the Realtree Max-4 has got me. I don't think the pattern is as important as just being totally covered. And for the Love of God don't be the guy with glasses on staring at the birds while someone is calling their %$# off trying to bring them in.:confused2:

11. Talkinquack

Talkinquack New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Mossy Oak new break-up, obsession, and duck blind!!!

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    natural gear camo is what i use. we don't have a lot of trees, but we have a lot of brown grass!

13. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mossy oak break up is all i wear for deer hunting but that really the only hunting i do lol.

14. Migrator83

Migrator83 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Mossy Oak Shadow Grass is my go to camoflage pattern in all situations, I do use Mossy Oak Duck Blind now with great results, also Avery KW-1 is very effective

15. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Shadow Grass for me.....

16. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mossy Oak Shadow Grass for the Shadow Hunter when it`s warm out, Ghillie Suit for the cool day`s.

17. fishin4cat

fishin4cat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    mossy oak shadow grass is what i use

18. Catfishdaddy88

Catfishdaddy88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like advantage max 4 for my ducks and geese. For deer i like that real tree apg and turkeys i gotta go with mossy oak obsession i aint one to just use one camo company i used to be a mossy oak die hard but i got outta that phase.