Everyone tell me why this would not....

Discussion in 'Boating' started by germanmudfish, Jul 11, 2008.

1. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
  2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That boat could work, but I just don't know how stable it would be in rough water.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    if money wasn't a major concearn i would like a blue wave. a big carolina skiff would also make a very nice catfish boat.

4. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Man, money is always a concern especially now with a new teenager in the house. But, when there is a will there is a way. I'll look at those. The carolina skiff is a good boat, and sundance makes a skiff that is really awesome, better warranty to according to their ads. Thanks,

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    it takes a bigger motor to push a glass boat.

6. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    So true. I knew there was good advice out there. I may have an opportunity to get an 18 or 20 foot jon from a man I used to do some work for. It is stored in his back yard with a bunch of scrap metal, but would make a good project to keep me out of trouble.:smile2::smile2: How would a big jon do on the big water lakes?

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    it would do very good if it has a 20 inch transom on it. if it has a 15 inch transom it would be fair to good. the boat i fish has a 15 inch transom and i intend to fabricate a splash sheild to aid in bigger waves. a modified vee jon is much friendlier in the waves than a true flatbottom

8. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i can tell you if you like to tinker that there is a lot of satisfaction in putting together a bout from scratch. i just invested 5200 bucks in a new boat , motor , carpet seats and all the goodies and put the package together my self . my dealer told me the day i took it back for him to see , that he could get 8200 out of it in the drop of a hat. ....... have a good weekend

9. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Thank you slabmaster. I was not ignoring you, supper was served here at work and you gotta eat when its hot!!:big_smile::big_smile: You have a good weekend as well.

10. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    It looks like it would hand you your teeth in a DixieCup, and then go to work on your back.

Other than that, I love the look of flats boats.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
  12. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I tell you what, I got a 1860cc 90 h/p grizzly it does good on about all water except sand bars, lol:eek:oooh:

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    NAH. Everything is in the way toward the back of the boat. Thats where I live. LOL!

14. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    you may want to take a look at the sea ark boats I have a friend that just got one not sure of the name but its 24 foot long and has a 200 hp. Yamaha on it looks like a great boat. if you want a flat bottom . I think they are a boc sponsor now to.

15. bluewatercat

bluewatercat New Member

State:
    Killen Alabama
    I have commerical flat bottom catfishing boat. Coustom made for a fisherman here on the Tn. river. It does not take to waves to good beat you to death. I am thinking about trying to put a V on it . But when the waves are that rough its hard to fish any way. I can get up in the boils at wheeler dam easy enougth.

16. Redneck1

Redneck1 Guest

If money is a concern, then why would you be thinking about a new boat, when you can find a good used one fairly easy, that are really cheap? If the boat itself is sound, and has a good motor it will last you for many years, no matter how old it is when you buy it. The good thing about having an old beater of a boat is if you beat the crap out of it, who cares.

17. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    for the input. Big Jon is probably the way for me to go. Thanks.

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    dang Rex, i wanna go fishin with you:big_smile: All my junk is junk:angry:

19. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo

I can speak for myself, 1860cc grizzly with a 90 h/p mercury, Its great!
    Runs great, seats 9, and still light enough for good fuel economy.

Attached Files:

20. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i want to go fish with you to John. we just gotta find time. i am on the trout like a chicken on a june bug right now.