Everyone Ready for the weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ssskinner27, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    What do you think? Do you think thr fish will start biting this weekend when it hits 70-75? I am not sure but I am definatly gonna give it a shot.

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    yawhoo bring it on. I'm taking my girl trout fishing, what a pleasant day for it!

3. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    this is my plan for sat..in the mourning till the afternoon go trout fishing in my yak. then around 7 or so hit the river up till i run out of beer or bait which ever come first, i'm thinking i'm going run out of beer before bait but hopefully not so if anyone one wants to come out sat night hit me up...justin:cool2:

4. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    All I know is I went out got myself a 30 gal. tub this morning caught some sunnies this afternoon,I definitely want to do some cattin this weekend I need to catch a bigger flat so I gotta spend time on the water:cool2:

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,ll be trout fishing at hereford to stock up on some cut bait.:eek:oooh:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Get off you arses and couches. This weather is what all of us has been waiting for the last 7 months! It's time to GO FISHING!:cool2:

I may actually pass on the freshwater scene on saturday and get to the ocean for some balckfishing before the season closes in 2 weeks. Sunday will probably stick around the city and slay some stocked trout and get some flatheading in.

Good luck all and hope everyone has some kind of report by monday!

7. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    Yes, good luck all, should be a fine weekend for any type of fishing, hopefully the weather stays this time...

actually went out and caught some bass last night... this weekend will be trout and catfish.

good luck all

8. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    If the weather this weekend doesn't get you fired up to go hit the waters. Then it's time to hang up the poles and find a good online bassfishing game. Gonna be a big front coming in Monday sometime, that might just get interesting if it plays out. But the temps today and tomorrow, should warm the water temps up a good bit. I'm expecting to see some biggin's posted when I get back.

This redneck is ready to get started. Let the drags start screamin'!!!:wink:

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Does this redneck have any extra room on his boat?:wink:

Good luck Mike, if your hittin the James and Potomac, we should be seeing something.

10. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I am going to be going out tommarow night somewhere.

11. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I'm not fishing tomorrow cuz its bloomsburgs block party so i'm just drinking and picking up fine ladies tomorrow :wink:and ill be out sunday fishin for monster channels.

12. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I think I'm goin out tonight tomorrow is gonna be windier:wink:

13. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Tan, if you guys can swing a day later on this next week when I get up to the Potomac. Come on down if your interested. pm me and I'll give ya my cell number. Probably looking at Wed. thru Friday on the Potomac. But nothing is concrete, I'm more or less just gonna wing it. But the plans are starting out... James until Monday or Tuesday, then head up to the Potomac after that.

14. The water temp is on it's way up!:roll_eyes: Inched up a few degrees today.:smile2: It definately get the fish moving over the weekend.:wink:

15. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    This weekend is looking great who's headin out?

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I'm heading out to get my first flat hopefully

17. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    Go get um Jay!!:cool2:

18. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'm ready to get out somewhere, not sure if i'm gonna beat the bank or take the boat, i'm sure the water is high with this rain the other nite, i've got 80 sunnies in the tank on call :wink:

19. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I know I'm goin Saturday but maybe Friday too?

20. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Long week..... Hit the James for a couple days, Couldn't get into anything big. Ending up with 13 in 3 days fishing. biggest was 41#. Man I tell ya what, every place you go there is tons of shad. finding shad wasn't a problem at all. Almost to a point it seems that there is just too much bait, I'm sure I wasn't fishing the right spots all the time for only the 2nd time down. While i had the rods out, I was throwing a sabiki rig and having no problem catching shad. Was turning around and fishing it live then.
    With all the structure, and having to watch how you setup in the narrower parts of the river to stay out of the barge and big ship traffic can be a chore. Tell you what, I can see why the guys like the James, It has everything. It wouldn't be hard get used to it.

Fished the Potomac Thursday and Friday, Did ok Thursday kind of slow, but Friday morning The Bite was hot and heavy until 11am had 26 boated, Blues and strippers.Bunch of 40#+ then somebody flipped the switch down below Plus add in the wind got a little rough below. twice I had 4 rods loaded up. Had a 53# stripper darn near spooled me while still in the holder while I was fighting a 47# blue. Oddly enough each time the 4 rods loaded up the 'Pride of My Vernon" came past and it was all hell breaking loose. After 11am, I headed up into DC to Blue Plains and it was steady the rest of the day, nothing big, but boated 20+ blues in the 20's and 30's. Friday alone caught almost 50 blues and strippers total. Darn arms and shoulders feel like jelly now. Friday was probably the best day i've had far as numbers since i've been down there.

Got a couple pictures, will get them loaded up in my profile in the next couple days.