Everyone got their christmas shopping done?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by e'villeman, Dec 1, 2007.

1. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    i know we just started tonight and its murder out there, i dont know why we wait so late every year../sigh

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    If it isn't Dec 24th, then the answer is no.

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Done, wrapped, and under the tree :cool2:

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We don't have the finances to accommodate buying gifts for all the grandkids that they'll forget next year what it was they got. We just buy them savings bonds for Christmas and birthdays.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I dont care much for shopping. Havent started, may not.
    Who am I kidding. My wife will drag me somewhere. :sad2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think we finall got done today ,still need to buy three or four gift cards ,but thats all we like . after my daughter counted 20 gifts for her ,I said WHUAAA shows how much I pay attention ,I only got her one . and I just let my wife pick out what she wants :tounge_out:.

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

Whole time I was growing up, my Grandma would send us Savings Bonds for our Birthdays and Christmas. Year after year until the year she passed...

Years later, after I had gotten married and was buying our first house, I cashed them in to help with getting the house.. Was several Thousand dollars by then... It sure was nice having them and I still feel grateful all these years later for them.....

So they may not think they are "cool" now, but when they are older they will sure appreciate them....

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We are doing all of our shoping this year online.So far so good. smokey

9. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is exactly what I was thinking. My ex's dad always gave the kids savings bonds for the holidays. His wife bought a few after he died but then stopped. Both of my older children have theirs, haven't cashed them yet. They are both waiting for them to be worth more. It's kinda like an emergency fund for them. The money is there if they absolutely have to have it but a little harder to get to so it's not just wasted on something they don't need.
    Don't know if my youngest even has any. Grandpa died when he was 3. I think he got a few, but not as many as his siblings.

Now as far as me shopping...... I've bought 2 presents! (and it aint christmas eve yet):wink:
    Usually get a small bonus a few days before christmas and do what I can with that. That's the little christmas. We will have the big christmas when I get my tax refund.:wink:

10. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    All done here. Did it early enough to get past the crazy rush of shoppers. The internet has proven invaluable for some of those hard to find items for the wife.

11. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Did some shopping online and will have to do a little shopping at a local Store, but that should do it. Too many people and NOT enough Money lol..

12. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Nope not started here. The kids will have a little Christmas and then at Income Tax we will make up for it. We have Ricks B-Day this Friday and then Newton's Sunday. After Christmas in Jan. will be Shannons. So thier Christmas and Birthdays roll into one. :eek:oooh::big_smile:

13. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Our family is too big to be able to buy for everyone (or maybe we are just too poor) There are 19 in our family. When I worked we bought for everybody but now just a small gift for the little ones Our fanmily decided to draw names about 10 yrs ago and evryone enjoys that.

14. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I have to agree with Smokey in that I'm doing a lot more online shopping. It's not too bad for things that most likely won't be returned, but what a pain when they do! A lot of online businesses are offering free shipping, which is good!

About lacking money, Bud's got it right there! The Grinch shows up every year around the first of December, demanding his real estate tax. Soaks me for a couple of grand; sure doesn't leave much for presents under the tree! :angry:

15. fishermanswife

fishermanswife New Member

State:
    az
    I thought I got all my xmas shopping done and then realized I missed some things. sniff sniff. I'm usually a xmas eve shopper myself and was so proud I didn't procrastinate this year...so much for that. Anyway, I still have birthday shopping to do since sgt.'s birthday is the same day. Maybe I'll get a pair of shoes....one wrapped in one box for xmas, one in another for birthday. :smile2:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not in the mood to start yet. Scrooge?????

17. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Christmas Eve.

It's my official shopping day (for stuff not bought online).

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    YOU MEAN ITS THE 24TH ALREADY!!!! :eek:oooh:

19. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Me and the wife have not started.I think we need to git going.

20. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yes indeed I'm done, I told the wife just tonite she needed to get on it. So I've done my deed. I learned how to do this in the USAF, delegate authority, and CYA. LOL Later Andy