Ever wondered ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mac-b, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Too dang cold to fish and I got to wondering about a lot of things and I'm sure everyday you'll wonder about something. Let's share what we wonder about.

I will start it off, does anyone know how long it takes an apprentice nuclear physicist to become a nuclear physicist ? Does it take a young person less time to train to be a nuclear physicist than an older person or vice versa ?

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i dont ever get that far wondering.. I mainly consist of " why is the sky blue?, and How is a rainbow made, and how in the heck does the positrac on a Plymouth work?

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    The Navy recruiter told me he could put me in charge of a nuclear reactor on a submarine in 6 years. Figured the world had enough problems so I joined the Marines instead:wink:

I was wondering the other day when I cut myself working on the boat and was bleeding what PSI the human circulatory system runs at. I know the blood pressure machine measures it in inches of mercury, just been too lazy to find the conversion.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im ADHD so i think of stupid stuff like that all day long lol

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I wonder just what the job detail of a ;rocket scientist is ,cause most things dont require one :cool2:

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm always checking stuff out and wondering bout how I can re arrange it to suit me and not bother anyone one else.
    Right now, I'm wondering where my toe nail clippers are.

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wonder how we as a free God fearing country with people of such a diverse culture got into the shape we're in, and how we are gonna go about settin things right.
    Nope, dont have any answers yet. Still in the wonderin stage.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I do that sort of thinking while I'm freezing my @$$ off......its never to cold to fish brother ; )

-Jim-

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I wonder every day about whether or not work would get mad if I called out and went fishing LOL

10. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I wonder all the time how much $$ I would have right now if I didn't go to Hooters all the time. Then I wonder if I would have any at all cause If I didn't go there all the time then i would have the $$ to buy things that I NEED. things like a camper or an ATV or maybe a new car. You know, things I NEED.

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm with you brother.... It's never too cold too fish. I do my best thinking when I'm fishing.:cool2:

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Good Question There,I have been wondering for ALONG time now ,If you had 23 odds and ends on a table and 22 got knocked off what would be left on the table an odd or an end?
    :wink:

13. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    the sky is blue because of water and dust particles in the atmosphere.

it would be an odd left on the table.

the country is in the shape its in because that is the historical life cycle of a nation. and technology makes us lazy.

dont question the positrac. it just works brother.

i wander how many ppl are truly offended when i get on here and post smart a$$ comments?

what i mostly like to ponder while fishing... if i had some alien technology that could see every fish within 1 acre of water from where i am, would i change locations?

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have had the good fortune to have done many things in my life. Things I had no choice in doing and things I have studied hard to accomplish. My good mother was responsible for this. "God gave you a brain" she would say. "It is your job to fill it up and use it."

So, many times my curiosity led me to do things I was interested in. Running a bulldozer, farming, laying brick, installing furnaces, Veterinary Medicine, carpentry, wood working, seeing if that good looking woman was as good looking as she appeared, finding out if I could actually knock that guy to the ground. I learned many things and most just made me more curious. How do they do that? How does that thing work? If I changed this would it make any difference? Junk like that.

Now I am an apprentice Nuclear Physicist. I wanna know how that bomb works. I thought it would be tough. I didn't think I had the mental ability to do it. The ground rules and requirements are simple. They are these. The guys who make the bombs are graduates. They construct the bombs. Osama Bin Laden is their go to guy when they have a question. The apprentices get to light the fuse. That's where I come in. If you can run fast enough to get to safety, you become a real Nuclear Physicist. The only other classmate I have currently is OJ (The Juice) Simpson. He has been looking for a new career since about 1992. Playing golf can get boring after awhile. We will have to draw straws when the next one goes off. I hope I can trust him.

So there ya go Mac. Simple is as simple does. I can't wait to graduate.

15. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Mr. John, it appears to me that you did not listen to everything your good mother told you. Yesterday, you made a statement about having something stuck on bottom of your shoes. Well, old man, if you are going to team up with the Juice, that stuff on the bottom of your shoes is going to all over you, in your hair, nose (ugh), everywhere.

Time is short for you, but if you will lay down (like on the table) your beer and quit cooking for a spell, and then just reflect on everything your good mom told you, you might get out of this situation, it is never too late to change your course. We are all pulling for you!

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i just wonder how big that next fish is going to be ! :crazy:

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I wonder about flies and just how they get on the ceiling? do they do a barrel roll or a loop? smokey

18. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina

Post, if my keyboard shorts out from the coffee I just blew all over it I"m holding you responsible.