Ever wonder what it is on your fish finder?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Jul 29, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Today I got out to the river I always fish. I was more or less a mission to find more good fishing spots by going slow and watching the fish finder. I was suprised to find a spot real close to one of my other spots I have fished for a while. I was cruising real slow with one eye on the finder and one eye ahead, I was in 10 feet of water and no fish were showing. Then the bottom dropped out and the depth went to 45 feet of water real fast, a shelf! I continued and within that 45 foot hole was two very large almost square structures on the bottom that rose from 45 feet to about 28 feet or so and fish stacked like fire wood all around them. The structures were about 30-40 feet apart. Unfortunatly I didn't get to fish them because I had to get back. Now I gotta wonder what those things are down there. Next trip i'll be fishing them!

2. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    sounds like to me you might of found a honey hole all kind of fish key in on structure bait fish is one and if there is bait fish old mr wiskers cant be far away

3. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    sounds like the spot to me. have fun

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

was there a road are bridge there once, way back when? are railroad trusses? Sounds like you found a good hole I don't know aout catfish but crappie and are bass will hold like that. Could be kitties on the bottom though all that food around. Good luck

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I would agree, could be left overs from an old bridge. Could also be where Hoffa is???

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tom, that would been a fine place for a good underwater camera.

7. I'm gonna have to try this out on my next River trip up the ole Red. Good luck and have fun fishing whatever it was....

8. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sounds like a realy good spot you haye to try it and let us know what you find :smile2:

9. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    FOUND A PLACE LIKE THAT ,BUT AFTER THAT DAY OF SOME MY GREATER FISHING DAYS. I WENT OUT 2 DAYS LATER AND NO MORE OF NOTHING NO CATS OR NO BAIT FISH. A YEAR LATER AT SAME PLACE THE FISH WHERE BACK ON SAME STRUCTURE .THAT'S WHY I KEEP A LOG BOOK. MATT, HOFFA IS HIDING IN MY GARGE YOU DID KNOW:eek:oooh: UPSSS, I LET THE SECERT OUT OF THE BAG.

10. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    sound like a good spot brother go for it u might get some thing