Ever used Google Earth?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Johnny B, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I just wanted to see if anyone used Google Earth for fishing spots and if you never heard of it. Check it out and it's free to download. You can see anywhere on earth down to a city block which I think is a little invasion of our privacy! Tell me what you guys think...
    :confused2:

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Ever looked at the street view?
    Street level looking at the front of your house.

Fortunately I live in the woods. My street view is native hardwoods and pine.:wink:

I use it to look at the Neuse river. I can gleen some information off of it but it's limited considering the river is up and down. Depends on the water level at the time of the photo and current conditions.

Then I also use it to look at the bombed out buildings in Iraq, airports, etc.

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    im a big fan of it. i have found tons of access points and fishin holes on the Kaw in the last cpl years usin it. with my athletic ability i dont need to worry bout what the bank is like cuz it really wont help ya with that. i usually use it along with mapquest and the weather channel maps cuz it seems like they are usually taken at different times so you can have pics when water is up and down. like the big yellow push pins too :smile2:

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i like this site better, the birds eye view is great, i use this all the time to scout new spots http://www.bing.com/maps/

5. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks lenny I've never seen the bing maps... them are pretty cool!:big_smile:

6. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I like the bing maps.

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was using Google Earth yesterday looking at propertys in TN that were listed,,,,,,,Lendog this other one is more recent pictures than Google, with the birdseye,,,, now I have to look up all that stuff again,,,,,lol,,,lol

Thanks

8. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I have found the aerial view quite useful in scoping out rivers to see where the runs, pools, and head dams are. This can be a lifesaver for river runners.

9. Mark J JR

Mark J JR Guest

My daddy is the one who found all the terrorist with this program. If my daddy says its a threat to security you better listen people!

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana