Ever used a PINK PEARL by PAPER MATE?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by peewee williams, Apr 5, 2008.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I got reminded lately about a old gunsmith and jewelers trick I picked up when a kid with the large "PINK PEARL"pink rubber eraser us old timers used it in school and the adults used it to polish all kinds of surfaces including a rust spot off a gun barrel with out taking off the bluing.Just make sure that you clean the dirt,oil or grease off of the spot and then polish it with the "Pink Pearl"by "Paper mate".Works on guns,outboard motors,jewelry,metals and false teeth that I know of.Wal-Mart and any Office Supply has them.Caution.I have tried the Cheap imitation erasers and they do not work!

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

2. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    PeeWee that has got to be about the easiest to remove rust that I have heard of. I do know you can use an eraser to polish a brass badge in a pinch if one needs too.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Me personally I have never used one

4. SCFishinGuy

SCFishinGuy New Member

State:
    South Carolina, Blackville
    Thanks to reading this, I tried it tonight, not expecting too much, but to my surprise, it worked fairly well! It removed a fair bit of the rust!

Thanks for the great tip!

RD

5. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I've seen the eraser used to remove tarnish from copper. It takes a bit of elbow grease, but it works.

-- Rich

6. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i remember seeing my grandpa use that method

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A friend of mine gave me a pumice enriched rubber eraser and that will get rid of rust with very little elbo grease. I allways used wd 40 and 000steel wool before reading this ,I will try it once tho. and if it works as good as proclaimed ,I'll stay with it.