Ever Try These ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW MEXICO TALK' started by O2Bfishing, Nov 12, 2007.

1. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Reservoirs: Ute (best for both species) and Bluewater (good mid-day summer fishing for channel cats; use lead sinkers on the bottom). Also Elephant Butte, Cochiti, Caballo, Navajo, Brantley, Conchas, Abiquiu, Sumner, Santa Rosa. Smaller lakes, such as Bear Canyon, Eunice, and Jal, are stocked with channel catfish.

Rivers: Gila (Gila Hot Springs downstream to the Arizona Line); portions of the San Francisco; portions of the Rio Grande; Rio Chama (between Abiquiu and El Vado dam); Percha Dam; and stretches of the Pecos River below Sumner and Brantley reservoirs. In rivers, both species tend to congregate around brushpiles and holes below sandbars.

2. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Sister Jenn;
    First, I see your a relatively new member so:
    WELCOME ABOARD!:big_smile:
    Second, no I have not tried those areas for fishing but the wife and I are planning on heading out west again next year and we WILL be taking our fishing equipment with us.
    I'm sure you will get a lot of feedback, from the members that have fished these areas, and a lot of questions, from those that have not fished those area's but will be planning too.
    I'll keep you in mind if I run across a question about these areas, I will send them your way. :big_smile:
    "THANK YOU" for sharing the info! It's what the BOC is about!:big_smile:
    And since this is a rainy, dull, Monday morning, I'm going to Rep ya for sharing your information. :big_smile:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

3. skigill

skigill New Member

State:
    WV
    I see you are from WV. What part? I am from Princeton area.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC,Jen glad to have yet another member,I live at Ute lake and I can assure you I have yet to SEE a Blue cat caught from here since 1976,we do have a lot of large channels tho .a small but mostly overlooked fishery for large channels in my neck of New Mexico is Clayton lake state park .

5. RockyIII

RockyIII New Member

State:
    From NY but live in NM
    Hi Jenn, I've fished a bunch of those waters and most of the other ones are on my list to check out. Thanks, Jim