Ever Try One of These Castnets?

Discussion in 'Castnet(s)' started by Tarheel, May 10, 2006.

1. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC
  2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    No, but I'm kinda likein what I'm lookin at. Thanx for the link.

3. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Yes I have and mine is a three foot diameter. It takes some practice in order to get the net to fully open up. I picked mine up at Sportsmens Warehouse for around 10 or 12 bucks. I have picked up shad and several gills using the throw net. They are fun but it can get frustrating learning to throw it correctly. Good luck

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Since I can't chunk a net worth a filp, this puppy may work well for me. Thanks for the link.

5. Tarheel

Tarheel New Member

State:
    NC

That's my problem. My 6 foot radius (12 foot diameter) cast net will only open about 6 feet wide total. After talking to more people here, it may have alot to do with the cheap $20 nets I buy (at least my pride feels better that way). I would just like to know that for sure before I spend $60.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: DON'T BE ASHAMED CAUSE YOU BUY CHEAP NETS. EVERYONE IS OUT TO SAVE MONEY.BUT THEN AGAIN I ALWAYS SAY YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. BUY SOMETHING CHEAP THATS JUST WHAT YOU'VE GOT. I WOULDN'T BE AFARID TO SPEND THE 60.00 BUCKS IF YOU'VE GOT IT TO SPARE.YOU'LL PROBABLY BE A LOT HAPPIER IN THE LOG RUN. GOOD LUCK ONYOUR NET CASTING WHAT EVER YOU DO.

7. Jeff2069

Jeff2069 New Member

State:
    LA
    thanks for the link

8. moore42420

moore42420 New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    Man I would hate to throw that were I get my shad. I have had times where There were too many in the net and could not lift out of the water.... Too much weight. I would hate to think how heavy it would be with a 12' net.....LOL:lol:

9. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks for the link, it looks good!!!

10. quackingtim

quackingtim New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have one of them in a 5'. I use it when I need to get the net out a good distance. I doubled the length of the throw line. It's easier to learn. I still like the regular old cast net. I use a 10' net for lakes, and a 5' net for the rivers.

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I traded around and got one of those nets and the first thing I did was take that silly ring off of it!!!

12. John H

John H New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    The tread takes you to E Bay where they are selling for around 60.00, up. Same thing in Cabela,s 2006 Master fisherman catalog page 257 They call it the (Fitec E-Z Cast)--3ft - 26.99 4ft -- 28.99 5ft - 35.99 and 6ft 39.99 nylon or mono.. save the difference for refreshments.
    Hope this will helps
    John H

13. John H

John H New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Today, I checked out wal mart and found the same type net, 5' - 24.99 and it came with video instructions... It appears to be the same one that is in your link.
    The ring configuration is a patent pending thing that make's the net cast a lot easier and fill out before it hits the water.

It took me ten minutes, and I was throwing it like a pro... I have had the other cast net for years, and never could throw it properly...
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

JOhn H