ever tried ??

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by kaous, Nov 15, 2009.

1. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    Has anyone here ever tried the shad u can buy from walmart?? Cause i did and i didn't get a single bite. There was fish there cause i was catching them with skip jack (only had 3 of em and they only measured about 5 inches) and i caught some fish. But as soon as i put on the shad i bought i didn't catch anything. just wondering if anyone else tried any and had any luck.

2. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    it sucks,don't work,save your money bro.

3. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    aint worth a dime ole buddy stick to the jacksons

4. festus

festus New Member

Hey Eric, were these Walmart shad dehydrated in baggies or are you talking about the ones packed in liquid in jars? I've never tried either of these, always wondered if you soaked the dry ones in some type of fish scent, such as Baitmate would they work?

5. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Embalmed wally world shad is junk. For a back up bait worms, shad guts, cut carp, or gills. Ya wouldent belive the amount of monster blues caught on cut carp and other rough fish or a ball of nightcrawlers on a hook.

6. festus

festus New Member

Yeah I've seen those dried and pickled shad since the 1960's but don't even know anyone who ever tried or even bought them. I think old shoe leather soaked in sardine juice would be more effective.

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Ill bet it would since my friends dad found an old cowboy boot in the mouth of a huge blue!!!but those shad suck...the ducks wont evev eat them and the love the live/ dead minners but they wont touch those things!!!you might as well throw your $3 in the trash or just put it on your hook!!!

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    It's a total mystery to me how they are still marketing this stuff. Very few people buy it, it absolutely doesn't work and I would bet no one buys it a second time.
    Surely they don't make a profit from it. Yet it has been around for years.

Can anyone explain this to cos I'm stumped...W

9. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    you can't beat natural, has always been my thinking. Even my cut bait I like it fresh, still quivering when it hits the water is my favorite. I rarely even freeze bait' I'll even net shad in the winter, so that my bait will be fresh.:eek:oooh:

10. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have to agree, don't work worth a dog. I have put it on trott lines and got nothing, but caught fish on cut bluegill on the same line.

11. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    Your right i wont buy those things again and yes i was talking about the shad in the bags. never seen them in a jar. But the only reason i bought them was cause i couldn't get any shad from the Cumberland steam plant and like i mention i only had like 3 skips. :angry:

12. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I tried em once below JPP dam and they were so stiff one cast and they ripped right off the hook. They almost never sale and sit on the shelves for years. I would get a couple cases of crawlers before i'd do that. :angry: